Washable pads

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Hi all, am trying to think ahead to when our piggles move into their shed as to what I should use on the floor.
Currently we have some large foam mats that used to be the children's and just lay newspaper over the top, which is ok but doesn't always seem to soak up the wee, newspaper is kindly supplied by a neighbour who saves out for us, I have used amazon basic puppy pads which are better but obviously the plastic waste element isn't great and incurs an ongoing cost.
So does anyone use washable puppy pads and if so which brand would you recommend? Are they worth the investment or am I better off just getting some large pieces of fleece to put over the top of some newspaper?

thank you in advance 😊

My shed floor has an old oilcloth tablecloth so no liquid gets through to the shed floor.
I then lay newspaper and put hay on top. I’ve never had any problems with this.
I sometimes use fleece in summer but I am not keen (it can’t be used outside in winter anyway.)

I used to use these in some areas of the piggies’ cage when they were inside. Worked well and meant I could avoid them chewing on the puppy pads. I’m looking at you boys 🙄
Inconti-Pet | Washable Puppy Training Pad | Made to NHS Standard | Quick Dry | Leakproof | Odour Controlling | 90Cm X 75Cm https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019E53N00/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_N33VYA91DWAHVCCXM5C1
I use the incontipet pads too. They are washable at 60 degrees, you can Tumble dry them and I have cut mine so they fit properly in the hutch. I've had them for years and am very pleased with them. I put them under the fleece in the hutch.

My shed floor has lino (2 rabbits live there) and a thick layer of straw for insulation.

i use the pads from nevilles nest also,as 60cm x60 cm fits exactley in my hutches and feraplast cages,last five days before i need to change pads or vet bed.

Back