*WARNING* Corner litter trays. please read

Claire W

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
My parents came round this morning and I put my piggies in to their outside run and as they were on the concrete (grass was still wet with morning dew), I put in a corner litter tray (pic below) filled with hay in with them.

I was upstairs at the time but my mum suddenly noticed that the litter tray was upside down and moving around. She went out to investigate and there was a piggy trapped underneath! I dread to think what would have happened if she hadn’t of noticed especially as it’s hot today :(

1CF3A1BB-B76B-4A52-8EA5-457C8680152F.webp

Flaming hell that was lucky in this weather . I think they could flip it off but not always and it'd get stuffy under there . My rats had this tray but I've just replaced it. Thanks for the warning

😱

Thank you for the warning Claire. These piggies always manage to surprise us, just when we think we’ve thought of everything!

Very glad to hear your little one is ok 💗

I’ve never had any joy with corner trays unless I secure them to the side of the cage or run. I’m glad everything turned out ok. Well spotted by your mum.

Well spotted Claire! Stuck in a plastic container on a hot day could be bery dangerous...
We like the Rosewood rabbit corner litter trays as they secure to the bars with a screw on clip but also the shape doesnt allow them to lie flat upside down, always room for a nose to do a flip!
Useless as litter trays for my mucky lot but handy as mini hay holders, and Jezzy floof does like to sleep in the large one, this was her Christmas present 2 years ago after watching her sleep in the smaller one with most of her bum hanging over the side :)
20210716_200118.webp

Back