Want to make a C&C Cage on wheels..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Our C&C is quite big, and as its directly under the stairs there are some bits where I can never get to, when I want to clean the floor.
Bits of hay or the occasional poo gets kicked out or falls down from the top floor, and is stuck between stairs and cage, and moving the cage is never really easy.

So I was thinking of getting a big piece of wood, attach four wheels underneath it, put the whole C&C Cage on top of it, and then I could easily move the thing about and hoover or sweep wherever I want to.. what do you think?

Do you think I would need to put something like a little border all around the edge of the wood to prevent the unlikely event of the cage slipping off it? (considering the weight of my cage I dont think it could just slip, just like that, but you never know. I dont want to wake up to find out it HAS slipped, the grids came apart, and having to try and get my piggies out from underneath the couch, or worse, find them dead amongst computercables. :()

Has anyone done something similar on here, and could you post pictures?

Your idea sounds good, I imagine you wouldn't need a fairly thick piece of wood depending on the area required or a simple support frame would be ok I reckon.

Attaching it.... hmm... could the cage be permanently attached to the trolley with some sort of glue perhaps or even nails/screws that wouldn't stick up and hurt piggies feet but would hold the base steady.

Sounds great! we have a piece of wood under our C+C cage... but it doesn have wheels ;D

Mine is a 3x3 cage (I think.. I have to go count grids now..) and it has an upper floor. It has a coroplast base. Its fairly heavy when I just try to pull it aside a little bit, so thats why I thought it might just stay in place on the wood due to its own weight.

I am not too sure about permanently fixing the coroplast base to the wood, I want to be flexible when it comes to changing the cage size etc. An option might be strong double sided sticky tape, the stuff they use on building sites? It would keep the base in place securely, but it can be removed again. Sort of like very strong bluetack - hey, do you think a big blob of bluetack underneath each corner of the cage and one in the middle might stick the base to the wood strong enough? ;D (this is a serious question though, however daft it might sound)

;D I dont think bluetack will be strong enough... but double sided tape def will be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back