want to get ollie a new friend

• Thread starter Thread starter donnamarie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

donnamarie

Hi

Ive decided id like another guinea pig, as i really do think Ollie is missing the company.
I'm wanting another Boar as dont want to go down the breeding line so he will have to be caged next to ollie in his own cage, but I'm just wondering, Ollie has a cage on legs and the base is really deep if i put their igloo houses at the ends they could see each other if they sit on them would this work? would he be happier do you think?
Id love to do a c&c cage but id be worried about my dog getting to them even if i put them up high.
Heres a picture of his cage
Olliescage.jpg

Why dont you go to a rescue and see if they have a nuetered female or get ollie done so he could have a friend living in his cage with him I'm sure he would love that :smitten: :smitten: Emma x

Yes it will work as they will jump on top of the pigloo and talk and see each other
This will be good company for them :D as they can communicate without arguing etc O0

Go get him a buddy ;D

I think you should go to a rescue and get a neutered females or try and introduce another boy in there. Failing that putting the cages side by side would be good. They will be able able smell eachother and hear each other.
I don't think it's a good idea to get Ollie neutered just for that reason. Any operation is risky for a piggy and he should be put through it unless medically necessary.
You will get so much joy out of having two piggies as you will really see that they are a lot more active and talkative.
One of my piggies died 4 weeks ago and I am in the process of looking for a new friend for her. She's not been the same since.

Good luck I hope you find the right companion for Ollie.

Laure

I do think I'm going to go to bramcote rescue near me, didnt think there would be much chance of getting a neutered female, and dont want to put Ollie thro the surgery.
Need to get another cage organised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back