Waiting

Ramia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Today Stripe is popcorning away. Every morning he does his puzzle for a little treat and some pellets.

He wheeks every time I leave the room but I'm hoping that changes once I bring home Chesney. Next week hopefully.

I'm waiting for the new cage.

I've had Stripe a month. He eats from my hand and comes and smells me, but he won't let me pet him. I heard they like to be pet on the chin or head. I really want to pet him. Any tips?

He's chutting away.

My boys are totally different in what they like. You are making very good progress already, it took several months before Dignified Sir George was comfortable with being petted even though he was happy to climb on us and would curl up and go to sleep on our laps. Mischievous Master Boris however was demanding chin rubs and cuddles almost from day 1.
Stripe may need more time.

The goblins won't let me pet them at all. Bann just runs at the first sign of Hands, Cam will sidestep out of the way so he stays just out of reach. It's been two years and they want no part of it and that's okay, I don't see a need to push them. They'll let themselves be handled and I can medicate then if needs be and honestly, anything more would be something I'd want, not for their benefit.

Stripe will let you know what he's comfortable with, and that's the best thing for him.

Back