Waiting For My Piggies 11/10/14 - Teddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
ive found a fab breeder and have 2 boars waiting. i collect on 11th October when they are 7 weeks. They are both Teddy breeds, one is gold and the other is agouti and gold. is there anything special I need to know about this breed?

:D Rachel x

Teddy's are similar to Rex piggies, one has curly whickers and the other straight I think...

This is Sasspy our Rexy pig

sas2-jpg.9463

The only thing I will say is they seem to have dry skin than other breeds of piggies. Hope to hear lots about your little one when they arrive.

Could you update your profile with your location please, it helps us tailor any advice to your location. :)

Updated! That's a lovely pic, their hair is so electric shocky haha I love it

Hi love piccy of Rex piggy so cute, we had a dumbo Rex rat , amazing curly whiskers,cuddle for piggy.:nod:

image.webp The breeder sent me pics of them today I'm so in love no names yet, I have a few names floating around in my head but unsure if to go for matching names eg: ant and dec or unrelated names lol

I still haven't chosen a hutch yet went to see one today it was so flimsy so I'm looking online

Depending on your budget, Ryedale Pet homes make fantastically sturdy hutches that I can recommend. He delivers all over the country. They are not cheap though.

I love teddies. We've got 4 teddies, a Rex and 3 smooth haired. Our Rex has curly whiskers and the teddies straight ones.

Someone told me teddies prefer to be stroked the opposite way from what you'd normally do - so stroke them from bottom towards head. Ours do seem to like that better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back