Vinegar

mls18

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I want to add vinegar to my guinea pigs fleece. What kind? Is distilled white good? Can I add it straight to the washing machine? And if so, how much?

White distilled vinegar. I just some straight into the detergent drawer, no particular set amount, just pour some in (not very technical I know!)

I use white vinegar to help wash my fleece too. I put my vinegar into the fabric softener tray in my washer. Make sure you still you unscented laundry detergent or the fleece won't get clean.

In a pinch, I have used cleaning vinegar. It is the same as white, but a stronger acidity.

I use white vinegar to help wash my fleece too. I put my vinegar into the fabric softener tray in my washer. Make sure you still you unscented laundry detergent or the fleece won't get clean.

In a pinch, I have used cleaning vinegar. It is the same as white, but a stronger acidity.
I didn't add any detergent(I'm going to look for one for unscented skin next time I go grocery shopping but I don't have one right now) I only added vinegar, will it still clean?

No, you need to use laundry detergent to clean the fleece. I use All unscented/dye free with odor control as my boar can be extra stinky sometimes.

Vinegar helps with the odor and is a fabric softener. I have been using it for my families clothes instead of buying fabric softener.

Back