vibrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvis is my cavy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i have had elvis for 6 days and he vibrates wen i hold him is this purring sometimes he doesnt vibrate

he is most probably scared. my piggies did this to begin with, but you need to spend time bonding with him. Start talking to him while he's in his cage and hand feed him his favourite veggies!

LMAO, you make him sound like a mobile phone ;D

Bless him, he's just a bit nervous ;)

Wilson does this too... but ive had him for 1year and he know me really well... could it also be that they are cold?

It may be or sometimes it is because they don't like being stroked in a certain way. O0

I wondered if it could be because they get cold. My boys do it after a bath but then that could be either cold or scared witless by the fact I've just dumped them in a load of water.

I would also suggest lots of eye contact between you. My girls seem to love this and I think it helps them remember who is who.

Ours eldest 2 are 13months old and now come up to us if we approach the run/cage. This is due to face recognition. Give it a go and I'm sure the lil piggie will soon start to relax!

Sure glad I found this, I was just about to ask.

One of my piggies did this vibrating thingy yesterday when I cleaned the cage. I put them in a lined basket and it was just like a pager or cell phone.

Our Sully (RIP :'() used to do this too, LOL i took it that he was purring cause i'd pick him up and he'd start 'vibrating / purring' and look at me at the same time with those cute little brown eyes :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh No!
I though my new Guniea pig was happy and had got used to being picked up when he was vibrating. Now I'm sad that he's so scared. :'(

My girl holly makes that noise but its when the little ones get to close to her personal space. Just give them time and lots of handling gently and they will be ok
xx

Mine vibrates alot when the dogs bark. The dogs arent near them, they just hear them

My 2 boys did it when I first got them too, it is fear, try not to take it too personally, I've found that with mine it stops almost immediately when they are given apple! :)
They very rarely vibrate on me now, only when i stroke them unexpectedly, i have had them for 2 months.

My guinea pig has started to vibrate alot, I assume this is the rumblestrutting thing right? When he hears sounds or is touched and he doesn't like it.

They make this purring sound too, i hoping thats a good sound. My pigs make lots of weird sounds

I read someplace when they go 'brrr!' it's a reaction to a noise and it's a warning signal for other pigs? :-\

My pigs both do it when I have my keys in my hand, they really hate the noise! My older pig did it when the phone went, I adjusted the ringer volume and tone and it no longer seems to bother him. They also do it when the doorbell goes.

CobwebandPigpig said:
I read someplace when they go 'brrr!' it's a reaction to a noise and it's a warning signal for other pigs? :-\

My pigs both do it when I have my keys in my hand, they really hate the noise! My older pig did it when the phone went, I adjusted the ringer volume and tone and it no longer seems to bother him. They also do it when the doorbell goes.

yeah... its like a puzzlement noise... like 'what was that?'

My piggies vibrate (without making any noise) when they're having a bath. Think its cos they hate it! ::) Its a 'shallower' vibration than the puzzlement vibration.

Never known them purr with contentment... not sure what to look out for. Peter Gurneys description wasnt very clear (mind you- I'm not very good at explaining noises myself, so cant blame him! RIP Peter).

mine do the loud buzz when i stroke towards their rear end.. i take it they dont like it?

Vibrating / rumbling is a good sign as they are happy ! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

My piggies vibrate when they aint happy...for a start I couldn't tell if they were happy or not, but over time have realised that it's an unhappy vibration..usually don't like the way they have been stroked or a noise they don't like.

John Anderson brrrrs when I put him back in his cage after floor/run time ;D...cheeky git since he now has a palace compared to his hutch before

When mine vibrate all i do is stroke them and they seem to love it :smitten: When i forst went to collect 2 female guinea pigs from someones house i got to hold one first and all she done was vibrate and they said - oooh she loves you ! Its a happy sign ! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back