• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

vets visit

• Thread starter Thread starter tawny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tawny

with all the crap i've had this week i forgot to update on shea................

good news is the vet says she hasn't got ring worm and nor had the baby i took with us. it seems to be mites.

i have 2 other girls that are losing fur above their eyes, one has been checked and she to didn't have ring worm.

i'm use to mites affecting the fur on the back and the bum area not the eyes.

tonight i have to take the other 2 babies up to have their drops for mites and hopefully find out their sex ;)

the one i took up the other night i thought was a boy but it's actually a little girl :)

just took all 3 babies to get treated and asked vet to sex them.......... the one that the other vet told me was a girl is now a boy 98) and the vet went on to say it was best to wait and see he wasn't sure :( so back to square one, cant name them till i know what they are.......................

keeping all 3 no doubts on that ;D

i know when i had to take my babies to the vet my mum asked me what there sexes was and she was a bit unsure the 1 she said was girl is a boy she was right abut 2 girls but wasnt sure about the 4th one good jobi i took them to a breeder who knows how to sex piggs

tawny said:
just took all 3 babies to get treated and asked vet to sex them.......... the one that the other vet told me was a girl is now a boy 98) and the vet went on to say it was best to wait and see he wasn't sure :( so back to square one, cant name them till i know what they are.......................

keeping all 3 no doubts on that ;D

Gosh, even vets getting them wrong these days! How annoying for you!

I'm so glad it's something that you can treat Tawny you've had a bummer of a time lately :(
Piggie kisses for the furbabies to help them get better quickly :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

yep it seem to be one thing after another, another 2 had sores on them last night and were bleeding and they have already been treated.

i think if it wasn't for my pigs i would curl up in a corner and dye...............sounds bad that but i think my son has just about drained me and it's my piggies that give me a reason to smile and a distraction right now.

i have never had a mites problem like this, it's mainly my girls but the lads are showing signs, they are all caged separately so i can only think they must be picking it up from the carpet or hay........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back