vetbed

• Thread starter Thread starter emachild
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emachild

Hi everyone this is my first post so hope you can all offer some advise.

I have an outdoor hutch for my two girlies ( Sasha and Ginger ). Up until now I have used a layer of newspaper with sawdust on top and then a layer of hay on top of that. The main problem I am finding is that now the weather is warming up a little ( I live in the north of Scotland so not that warm yet ! ) when I remove the plastic glass stuff ( hubby diy job ) from the front of the girls hutch the wind then blows everything all over the garden.

Today I went and bought vetbed for the hutch but I'm not sure how to use it :embarassed: do I still need to put hay on top in the bedroom to keep the girl warm at night or not?

If any of you have any other advise on taking good care of piggies please help I'm pretty new to all this !

Yup the piggies still need the hay but I found that getting the hay off the vet bed was a nightmare. It gets stuck in the fluff and takes forever to brush out properly. You could possibly just use the vet bed in the main part of the hutch and use paper and hay in the bedroom?
I have a custom built cage so I eventually built a hay loft which is lined with paper and hay and keeps the vet bed a lot cleaner.
In my cage I use newspaper then a layer of towels then I put the vet bed on top. Every day I vacuum up the poo and I change the cage out every 5-7 days. Sweep the vet bed quickly and pop it in the washer. Dead easy. Although if you still want fluffy vet bed after it's been washed it needs brushing again when it comes out damp.
Hope that helps

Agree with what gus and jack has said. There are other types of bedding you can use, have a look at the reviews. Welcome to the forum. O0

thanks for the help

I think I will try to leave their bedroom as it is and use vetbed in the rest of the hutch and see how it goes.

DH not too happy about me washing out vetbed in our machine thinks its unhygienic to use the same washer for animals and our teatowels, ect so will have to break it to him gently that I have already bought the stuff! ;D

;D The machine cleans it at the same time, honestly some people. ::) ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back