Vetbed - would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have noticed that the vetbed tends to get damp and mucky in a couple of corners and the rest of it stays pretty OK.

If I were to cut the vetbed into sections, rather than one big piece filling the cage, I could maybe just wash the messiest bits every few days, and the rest of it less frequently?

What do you think? Could it work?

It's a pain to have the guinea pigs out of the cage for a couple of hours every time the thing needs washing.

This sounds like a good idea although I've only just switched to profleece myself so it's all new to me! I don't see why you can't cut it into sections though if not maybe you could buy another piece so you have a spare one for when the other is in the wash? Mind you I don't think the vetbed should be getting damp so quickly but then I've only been using it for one day! :)

I'm still waiting for mine, but sounds like a good idea.. maybe you could buy another piece so when thats in the wash you have another? www.thedoginn.com are good with prices ive just got 2 pieces for meekas cage for less than £25 inc postage which i think is free O0

I had the same problem with my girls.I now cover where the messy bits were with newspaper,megazorb and hay and don,t have vetbed there at all.Every two days i change the messy corners :)Much easier.

I have three pieces of vetbed, one in the cage, one in the wash and one in the cupboard!

I have profleece. I bought the 60"x40" piece and cut into 8 smaller pieces, this means i have enough for each cage and spares for when the others are in the wash.
I lift it out in the morning and evening to shake the poo's off and wash it every 3 days. :)

You could have sort of vetbed 'tiles', I dont see why not!

My vetbed is cut into threee pieces, its easier that way because the cage is a funny shape. Some days I just wash one bit because it's dirty.

I just have 2 sets and alternate them. But then, my pigs are out of their cage for a couple of hours every day anyway. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back