Vetbed Information?

• Thread starter Thread starter sarsmccabe
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sarsmccabe

Hi, I have never used vetbed before but want to start. This may sound like a daft question but how often does it need changed and washed? I dont know anyone who has used this either, hence askinf the forum this silly question. Sorry but i am a bit stupid. haha. thanks. x

Depends on the number of pigs and whether or not you'll be having an area with litter as well. To keep it looking nice it really needs to be spot cleaned daily and washed at least once a week.

Thank you will just be 2 piggies in each cage and the boys i have already are good at using the litter tray. Thank you for thi info.

I've just put my two, Daisy and Clover, on vetbed for the first time today. I've used woodflakes for last 15 years but read forum bedding reviews and decided to give it a go. Clover impressed, Daisy hopped out of the cage and legged it to her fave hidey hole! They've been in there all afternoon now and have settled down ok.

As for maintenance - yet to find out!

i clean out the poop daily as it is and clean out woodshavings every second day so if vetbed is needing washed once maybe twice a week it will be less time consuming. Let me no how you get on with it. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back