vetbed as cage liner.....washing

eileen

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Just a quick question .ive decided to use a large size vet bed to cover all the cage.i place puppypads underneath.fleece pads under heavy use areas.clean /sweep cage twice a day.i use green backed vet bed.just wondered how often it needs to be washed.I'm happy wth how wash it.change base layer as needed.

I use it for Caspy over the whole cage as he gets sore feet. I change it about every 4 or 5 days depending how wet it gets underneath. I have found cutting it into strips 2 x 3 grid size easier to handle for washing than a whole cage sized bit. Also, because he sleeps mostly in one corner I can change that strip more often than the rest. When I had Spike and Peanut on it I had a large piece for the whole cage 160 x 80 and it was very awkward and heavy to fit in the machine in one go.

Thanks that makes sense,mine is 145cm x 75cm,but I've found it okay to wash.i ve lots of fleece liners,but there for c and c cages 6x2...miles to big for a 140cm x 70cm cage !

When Patsy had bumblefoot and I had the deep pile carpet (vetbed) in the hutch, I brushed it off every day and washed it every 2-3 days depending on how wee soaked it was. I had 3 piggies enjoying the deep pile carpet.

thanks ,these two piggies seem to like the vet bed.I'm changing the puppy pads as needed,it will go five days from what i can see.i need to get some vet bed that is cut to size.The lovely Patsy,she was a beautiful piggie.

Back