• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

vet visit

• Thread starter Thread starter tawny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tawny

well took baby no., 4 who I've decided to call shaylee to the vets yesterday(if a boy shay) ;D she is 2 weeks old tomorrow and has already been to the vets cause of having one eye ? now seems to have a Uri and is on baytril.

poor little things she is so small but so very cute :smitten: fingers crossed for her, she still sounds a bit rough tonight but is eating and popcorning around. she has to go back to the vets next week.

will get a photo of her and her sister(i think) who i haven't named yet.

:( i hope it is, it's what he has put her on. she has just two drops a day.

can't say she sound any better but is still eating and pop corning around, wondering if she has an allergy.

daftscotslass said:
I didn't think Baytril was suitable for baby pigs? http://www.guinealynx.com/antibiotics.html#baytril

It says ideally it shouldn't be used. Since it is such a small amount I don't think it will make that much difference, providing it is only a small course the vet has put her/him on. Good point daftscotslass and I would certainly phone the vets tawny and ask about Bactrim (Tribrissen) and how long your vet is planning keeping the little one on Baytril. Do you have to take her/him back to the vets soon? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back