Vet bed

S and G

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The pigs go through stages of getting under the vet bed and sitting underneath directly on the toweling underneath. Any suggestions how to stop this habit?

Nugget thinks he's a mole, he doesn't use beds or houses any more he lives mostly under the fleece. Nugget takes duvet days to a whole new level! I made some fleece liners bigger than the cage so I can put them over the edge of the corex and clip them on with bull dog clips. He tugs at the fleece until the clips go flying, his cage is the messiest piggy cage I've ever seen and I've given up and let him get on with it. At least he won't get cold on frosty nights.

Nugget thinks he's a mole, he doesn't use beds or houses any more he lives mostly under the fleece. Nugget takes duvet days to a whole new level! I made some fleece liners bigger than the cage so I can put them over the edge of the corex and clip them on with bull dog clips. He tugs at the fleece until the clips go flying, his cage is the messiest piggy cage I've ever seen and I've given up and let him get on with it. At least he won't get cold on frosty nights.
Nuggets a clever boy, he knows how to keep nice and cosy 💙

:)):)):)) But such a gorgeous naughty mole he is! :luv:

Dysnomia does this too but normally under the pad that the hay is on so hay goes everywhere!
Nugget chucks the hay out of his hay tray along with the shavings I line it with, spreads the lot over the main cage fleece and then popcorns and wiggles his way under the fleece bouncing the whole lot up and down spreading it in and out the cage. My other cages just have a newspaper section with the hay on, I think I might as well do that for him too, I was just trying to contain his mess a bit.

It's alright he is very entertaining I have to laugh at him, I try to stay a step ahead but he always ruins my best endeavours to house train him. :))
I think we've high jacked another thread!

It's alright he is very entertaining I have to laugh at him, I try to stay a step ahead but he always ruins my best endeavours to house train him. :))
I think we've high jacked another thread!
I love him, he’s so funny :)):wub: And sounds just like the silver fox at this house with his blinking mess!
Haha whoops, sorry @S and G! :btt::))

hi guys sorry to jump on your post i would just like to ask what vet bed you use! is it the green backing or non slip?

Back