• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

very worried about Boris

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexr

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm really worried about Boris.

Have posted a couple of times about the saga with him - ie being given the toxic Amoxycillin by an incompetent vet last week and then being prescribed diuretic and Septrin by the good vet.

Have had Boris out with me tonight and fell asleep with him on the sofa. He's lost all his energy and is really sleepy and cuddly and isn't passing water anymore. His poo is virtually non-existant and about the size of a small ant (and very dry).

I think I'm losing him. Help

I dont know what to do in this situation but it sounds serious. I think you should take him to a vet immediatly.

you need to give him water immediately and some pain killers if you have them, get to a vet too please love :-\
we'll be crossing our paws for you and dear little Boris :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Can you also get someone to drive you? cause you could try to start to syringe feed him some CC or mushed up pellets to get his system working ...

I've given him quite a bit of water and he has eaten a bit of cucumber and some dry pellets but not much. He seemed to perk up when he saw Betty his cagemate which is good. I'm going to try to encourage him to eat and drink. He has not been pooing/weeing properly for a few days and my vet said to try and get plenty of water down him. I shall give the vet a call when they open to seek further advice. It's just such a worry. Mind you it is the middle of the night and I dare say Boris is rather tired and wants to sleep!

Well done love O0 O0 O0
With the mushed up pellets try to get more in, this will help his little digestive system keep going. You could mix it with pureed baby apples or if you've stewed an apple (with no extra sugar added). Yes a sleep wont hurt but keep up the fluids for him. Looks like you've got a long night ahead... if you can i'd try to give fluids and foods every couple of hours.
Will be keeping you in our thoughts :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
I'll be around most of the time, have to go out for work stuff... but i'll log back on in case you need a bit of support love O0
Try to get some sleep yourself too :)

I hope Boris is doing a bit better today. Let us know how he's getting on.

Piggie cuddles :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Boris is much more perky today thankfully and he was eating some pellets. I'm going to keep syringe feeding him and giving him water to keep his system working whilst I wait for my vet to phone with advice. He's booked into see him on Thurs but I want to speak to the vet before then. Boris hasn't really been pooing properly since his trauma last week and Ken then said to keep giving him water. Suspect that will be the same advice today to try and keep him hydrated. Poor Boris!

Glad he is more perky, keeping fingers crossed for the little man :)

Maybe a rehydration powder(such as Diaralyte) made up and given little and often would help.Poorly piggies can quickly get dehydrated even when given extra water.

Come on Boris, we're still crossing our paws for you little fella :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Well done love, you're doing brilliantly with him, keep up the syringe feeds and the water etc.. O0

I'm pleased to report that Boris is coming on in leaps and bounds. Syringing extra water and crit care is really working. He loves the taste of CC and keeps wanting more haha. ;D

Yesterday he passed a lot more droppings and, although the were still small, they were more moist. He also weed (admittedly on my bed - nice timing) but I was really pleased that he managed to pass water and without obvious pain. He's quite perky today and has been happily trotting around the kitchen.

My vet phoned yesterday to see how Boris was doing and said I was doing exactly the right thing with giving him water and CC as well as the medication. He is going to see him tomorrow to check things are going well.

Thank you all so much for your support. It's so comforting to know there are people out there to talk to when things get tough. Especially in the middle of the night!

Shall let you know how Boz gets on tomorrow

Alex x O0

That's great news, I'm so glad to hear this, keep up the hard work and keep us up to date. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Aw really happy to hear Boris is doing well, hope all goes well at the vets, sending get well soon hugs to Boris and keep up the good work with him, you're doing great :)
Love Emma x

WOOOO HOOOOO go Boris :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh Alex that's just the best news i've read today...you're doing real well love O0 :smitten: :smitten:

Keep on going Boris, ahhh we're proud of you little man :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back