Very Shy Piggy

Chloegkenny

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
so I got my new piggies on Friday ( Norman and Earnest ). When I introduced them into their new home Norman and Earnie stayed in the corner for a few hours then Norman eventually moved into the hideout while Earnie stayed there scared stiff. I would pet Earnie and talk softly to him and he eventually moved into the hideout too but stays in the corner of the hideout so that I can’t see him. Norman is always coming out for food and water and a run around where as I have never actually seen Earnie come out of the hideout so I don’t know if he’s eating or not but I have offered food into the hideout for him to eat and it disappears but I don’t know if it is Norman eating this as he is constantly eating. Norman has started to poke his head out of the hideout and come out when he hears me getting his food ready but Earnie Just stays in there. Is there anything more that I can do to help Earnie come out of his shell?

Let them relax human contanct should be minimal as possible for the first few days.
I got them last Friday and last night was the first time I gave them human contact I had them on my bed with me and I was playing guinea pig noises on YouTube and the we’re going crazy, squeaking and running around my bed and jumping it was so sweet. They even sat and watched BFG with me, obviously with a plate of broccoli and sprouts hahaha :D

I got them last Friday and last night was the first time I gave them human contact I had them on my bed with me and I was playing guinea pig noises on YouTube and the we’re going crazy, squeaking and running around my bed and jumping it was so sweet. They even sat and watched BFG with me, obviously with a plate of broccoli and sprouts hahaha :D

:)

Don't we all love interacting with our piggies. We all want to play with them. My mom would kill me if I place my piggies on my bed. :td:

so I got my new piggies on Friday ( Norman and Earnest ). When I introduced them into their new home Norman and Earnie stayed in the corner for a few hours then Norman eventually moved into the hideout while Earnie stayed there scared stiff. I would pet Earnie and talk softly to him and he eventually moved into the hideout too but stays in the corner of the hideout so that I can’t see him. Norman is always coming out for food and water and a run around where as I have never actually seen Earnie come out of the hideout so I don’t know if he’s eating or not but I have offered food into the hideout for him to eat and it disappears but I don’t know if it is Norman eating this as he is constantly eating. Norman has started to poke his head out of the hideout and come out when he hears me getting his food ready but Earnie Just stays in there. Is there anything more that I can do to help Earnie come out of his shell?
I have a similar problem with Stripe and Womble. Stripe hides in the corner and Womble wanders (but only with a cover over the cage) and eats all the food. I think Stripe is eating though.

I have a similar problem with Stripe and Womble. Stripe hides in the corner and Womble wanders (but only with a cover over the cage) and eats all the food. I think Stripe is eating though.
They have names now? :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

They have names now? :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Yes they do. My Fiance thinks Stripe is a bit of obvious name. :p I might have to change it because he keeps saying 'Stripe' in a silly way... he's not that keen on Womble either. But Womble looks like a Womble and it's staying.

Stripe is not that obvious aa name, his stripe was very faint. Maybe you should really mess with your fiancées head and name him “Spot” :D

Spot makes me think of “Arlo & Spot” which is what the regional title for “the good dinosaur” movie is over here...not that I have seen it.

Yes they do. My Fiance thinks Stripe is a bit of obvious name. :p I might have to change it because he keeps saying 'Stripe' in a silly way... he's not that keen on Womble either. But Womble looks like a Womble and it's staying.
I have seen Womble's picture on Any Else For The Stripey-nose Club? and I totally agree he does look like a Womble. Great name!

Stripe is not that obvious aa name, his stripe was very faint. Maybe you should really mess with your fiancées head and name him “Spot” :D

Spot makes me think of “Arlo & Spot” which is what the regional title for “the good dinosaur” movie is over here...not that I have seen it.
I do like to mess with him :p because he likes to tease me for funsies.
I will stick with Stripe because he's Stripe now. It beats calling him 'non-mop'.

Back