• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Very poorly piggy please help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol C

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Went to piggies this mornig and one of my females is very unwell she is very wobbly and seems to be gasping for air not moving. Just her head is the only thing she can move. Tried to give some water but she is so weak she cant even swollow.
Thanks everyone
Carol

oh dear... poor thing! have you talked to a vet at all?
Hope she is okay! :)

That sounds like a vet job to me. Do you think she has a spinal injury? It could be some kind of paralysis due to lack of calcium. But doesn't sound like that because of the gasping for air. Get a vet involved asap. Good luck Carol C. Keep us posted. Hx

She has just past away in my arms. :'(

Am so sorry Carol :'(. RIP little one

Thinking of you at this sad time as know how upset you are right now.

Deb x

I'm so very very sorry to read this post love it must be such a shock for you :'( :'( :'( :'(
Please know that we're thinking of you :-* :-* :-* :-*
RIP sweetie :-* :-*
<hugs> to comfort you Carol :-* :-*

at least Carol she was in your arms as Bertie was with us last friday, sounds also like what happened to him paralasis and gasping, sweet dreams little one God bless, mummys missing you like crazy :'(

Thank you everyone for your comforting massages. It's very warming to know that there are so many of you that know how hard it is when you loose one of your little furries.

I am just so glad that I was able to hold her in her last few minutes.
I can not understand why? Last night I had spent an hour or so cleaning and feeding. She was fine,lovely coat, bright eyes and a little tubby tum, she was in perfect condition.It's just not fair she was coming up to 2 years old this summer just a baby.Her name was Blossom :smitten: I will miss her so much. sweet dreams my little one. Sorry but thats about all I can say right now :'(
Thank you all again so very much.
Carol C

Oh Carol - I'm so sad for you :( :'( its great that you got to hold her tho and say goodbye - it may have been worse if you had found her passed over already - if thats any small consolation :-\ its SO so sad :( poor you and poor little blossom - love to you both and piggy wishes for the other babies you have who much be sad.

Kerryx

I would like to add my condolances Carole,.It sounds as if she had a heart attack which in view of her young age,could have been genetic.So sad. Regards Mary

Mary_H said:
I would like to add my condolances Carole,.It sounds as if she had a heart attack which in view of her young age,could have been genetic.So sad. Regards Mary

I tend to agree with you Mary. The more I have read about heart attacks in guineas the more I'm convinced that it was that. Just wished I had had little more time to have got her to my vets. Will br keeping a very close eye on her mum and sister.
Many Thanks
Carol C

we had a guinea pig called lacy who passed away after just a few weeks of having her which was very upsetting,we are very sorry for your loss. :'(

Carole,with that type of heart attack,the vet would not have been able to do anything,except maybe give her oxygen,and that is unlikely to have saved her anyway.Take comfort in the fact that she would not have suffered and she went being held by someone she new loved her.She may only have had a short life,but it was a happy,well cared for one.I have lost piggies to heart attacks like this so I know how you feel.. Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back