Very aggressive mounting/hard chasing

WheekHearted

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My teddy sow millie 4 years old always was the dominant pig but lately she’s becoming highly aggressive and constantly pursing my weaker < 2 year old American short haired sow Marney.

Sometimes Marney will cry while she runs like hell from millie. The only physical contact they have anymore is millie getting rough with Marney. She shoves her out of double sided beds too and lots of time Marney screams in distress !

I’m seeking tips, and when to separate. Can the stress of being bullied detrimental to Marney in anyway?

She always stands straight up and insists we pet her. We’re like the only positive interaction she gets. She’s Social with me and even allows guests to pet her. She cannot interact positively like that with millie at all because millie just is mean to her.

If it’s constant please take her to see a vet. That sort of change in behaviour may well indicate a hormonal issue that needs to be resolved.

If it’s constant please take her to see a vet. That sort of change in behaviour may well indicate a hormonal issue that needs to be resolved.

I know it may vary from pig to pig, you pointed out in another thread, thank you by the way. It is nonstop 100% I have cams in my home that see her in motion 24/7 and Millie will not let up. I have my share of vet bills 1 dog, and 1/2 my Guinea pigs. I am going to consult my vet though yes it’s just it’s added up. Thankfully I love them both Marney and millie.

Have you seen this behavior before result in a fallout? Or have peaceful bonds presume. Marney is tired of it and protests at times.

I know it may vary from pig to pig, you pointed out in another thread, thank you by the way. It is nonstop 100% I have cams in my home that see her in motion 24/7 and Millie will not let up. I have my share of vet bills 1 dog, and 1/2 my Guinea pigs. I am going to consult my vet though yes it’s just it’s added up. Thankfully I love them both Marney and millie.

Have you seen this behavior before result in a fallout? Or have peaceful bonds presume. Marney is tired of it and protests at times.
My own Hazel became a very troublesome sow due to ovarian cysts. She fell out with each member of the herd because she just wouldn’t leave them alone. After she was spayed they all accepted her back again.

Oh wow. How long did she need to recover from the spay? And was she alone during it? I’d be afraid. Marney may accept new young pigs. But Id feel bad removing Millie too. I will need an animal doctors opinion . Hoping they are ok in the end. I’ve enjoyed them as a pair both entertained me during the day, they used to zoom together and would stimulate each other they and their colors match they started as the perfect pair.

Back