Versele Laga Pellets

piggieminder

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Just a warning to anyone who feeds Cavia Complete pellets. They seem to have changed the recipe! I opened a new bag today. They are all one colour now and the texture looks different. My boys got very excited for their pellets this afternoon and then turned their noses up and walked away after a sniff.
Except Bertie the dustbin, who inhaled his and probably didn't even notice they were different. I wouldn't mind but I just bought an 8 kg bag! I've told them it's tough they don't want them it's all they are getting.

Huh. That's what the goblins are on atm when I bought the new bags a couple of weeks back, but there's definitely no complaints about them here.

This bag arrived this week. I noticed as soon as I opened them that they looked different. I'm glad your boys are eating them, I hope you have the new ones and not some old stock which means your boys will eat the new ones. I think mine will come round quickly, they usually do if they don't get anything else! They only get 12 a day each so I'm not worried if they don't eat them, they're not important (except my ears will suffer). Someone from the rescue is calling in soon if mine won't eat them I can find them a home.

They used to come in 2 colours. Brillo particularly liked the reddish colour and would go for those first so I used to pick out them out for him. I am getting some very accusing looks, it seems it's my fault these pellets are not right!

Yeah I noticed when I opened the new Verselle Laga bag last week that colour and size is different. It's a bit smaller. But my piggies still eating it so I wasn't really concerned.

I'm glad other's are eating them. I didn't want anyone else to buy a lot like I have and discover their piggies won't eat them.

Yeah I've definitely never seen the two coloured ones, I wonder when they changed the recipe then? The last bag I had was from April. It's always a right pain when something changes like that though, both in the neck and in the ears.

Its a nuisance when the formula changed.i do change my piggies pellets regularly,so not to get fixated on one brand.I try to buy the healthy brands,but with having g a few piggies I need the bigger bags.

I usually mix another brand in with them Science Selective or Burgess Indoor but because I couldn't find the smaller bags anywhere I got the 8 kg size and didn't want to open any more until I'd used the big bag up - typical they don't like them!

I got the 1.5kg bag from Hay Experts (although typically they don't have it or the 8kg bag in stock at the moment, just the 500g). Their stock levels can be a little hit and miss, unfortunately.

Piggieminder where did you get your 8kg bag of verselle lage from.i got indoor burgess pellets from amazon for £4.50....so I bought a few of those.🙂

I got it from The Hay Experts. They didn't have the 1.75 bags in stock, I usually get a couple of that size and a couple of the Burgess from there so I can mix them.

Back