• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Verm-X Nuggets

• Thread starter Thread starter spudnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spudnik

How long am I supposed to give these for?

the packet says once a day for guinea pigs.. but for how long, does anyone know? ?

I have tried these and not one of my pigs (including rescues) eat one whole one. I tried leaving the dish as per instructions- they were still left in the morning (some had been nibbled), I tried feeding by hand but my best resultswith that were with a boar who nibbled at the end of one.

In conclusion (!) my guins won't take as directed and they are therefore ineffective with mine!

Vermex Trials!

I've given feedback to my supplier who was going to feedback to the manufacturer. The pellets/nuggets are too big in my opinion for guineas, and more suited to rabbits or horses even. I know they are also recommended for Buns but have never tried them on one. ::)

oh.. well ive just bought some for meeka, shes losing weight again shes down to 430g so i thought id try them.. shes still eating fine, and as much as she has done in the past, ive just switched her food to oxbow cavy cuisine to see if that helps..

If you've bought them to worm her then I don't advise them :) But she may eat them, perhaps its just mine, would be interested to know!

ok well i'll see what she thinks.. she quite fussy so you never know lol

whats the bets thing to give if these dont get eaten?

What do want to do?

Has anyone looked at her teeth?
Sorry I can't keep up with everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back