Veggies!

Jenni85

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
What veg do your piggies like? So far I've tried ours with pak choi, spinach, red pepper, carrot, green beans and baby corn. They've only eaten the corn and nibbled on a pak choi leaf. As a 1st time owner I'm not flapping thay they're not getting enough vitamin c and I need to supplement it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

(sorry for so many questions but they're quite high maintenance animals aren't they 😂)

Please don’t supplement vit c - there is no need to do so and supplementing can cause problems.

Safe daily veggies are lettuce (not iceberg), cucumber, bell pepper and coriander. These are pretty much all mine get (I sometimes add in something else leafy such as a different herb as a treat but routinely they get those four veggies).

Spinach, green beans, carrot and baby corn are all unsuitable for regular feeding and should be an occasional treat - too high in calcium and sugars.

(don’t be sorry for asking questions - we are here to help and support!)

Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

Please don’t supplement vit c - there is no need to do so and supplementing can cause problems.

Safe daily veggies are lettuce (not iceberg), cucumber, bell pepper and coriander. These are pretty much all mine get (I sometimes add in something else leafy such as a different herb as a treat but routinely they get those four veggies).

Spinach, green beans, carrot and baby corn are all unsuitable for regular feeding and should be an occasional treat - too high in calcium and sugars.

(don’t be sorry for asking questions - we are here to help and support!)

Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets
Thank you.

There's so much conflicting information on the Internet.

That link is really helpful I have most of the veg from the sample plate in the fridge so I'm going to go and empty they bowl and fill it with these and hopefully they'll have a good munch.

Thank you.

There's so much conflicting information on the Internet.

That link is really helpful I have most of the veg from the sample plate in the fridge so I'm going to go and empty they bowl and fill it with these and hopefully they'll have a good munch.

Make sure you introduce new veg slowly a little at a time of one type so you can be sure that it doesn’t cause stomach upsets

Back