Veggies

Sheldon&Gizmo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi!
Whe have recently re Homed some piggies, however I’ve noticed one is eating a lot more veggies than the other.
When Gizmo gets confident enough to go out and get some veggies while we are in the room to take back to their hidy house, Sheldon pinches it off him. I’m not sure if they eat it together or not 🤷‍♀️

I’m sure he’s coming out to get veggies when we aren’t in the room I’m just worried he’s not getting enough veggies. Am I a new piggy owner worrying to much?

This is Sheldon and gizmo, Sheldon being the one at the front.

Attachments

• 4AAC3954-C261-4832-8418-932CD37A2A3A.webp
    4AAC3954-C261-4832-8418-932CD37A2A3A.webp
    77 KB · Views: 4
How long have you had them?
It can be best to cover part of the cage with a blanket so they feel more secure and brave enough to venture out.
You will probably find they are coming out when you aren’t there.
Hay is the most important part of the diet so make sure that it is available in multiple locations.
Taking food from each other is completely normal, as is the dominant piggy have his best of the best of everything (food, hides etc)

It can also help the relationship of a boar pair if you scatter feed their veg (one cup per pig per day) and pellets (just one tablespoon of pellets per pig per day) around the cage rather than using bowls, as they can then forage for it which is then enrichment but it also helps the submissive piggy get their share.

Last edited:
How long have you had them?
It can be best to cover part of the cage with a blanket so they feel more secure and brave enough to venture out.
You will probably find they are coming out when you aren’t there.
Hay is the most important part of the diet so make sure that it is available in multiple locations.
Taking food from each other is completely normal, as is the dominant piggy have his best of the best of everything (food, hides etc)

It can also help the relationship of a boar pair if you scatter feed their veg (one cup per pig per day) and pellets (just one tablespoon of pellets per pig per day) around the cage rather than using bowls, as they can then forage for it which is then enrichment but it also helps the submissive piggy get their share.
This is really helpful thank you! We’ve only had them for a week so they are still gaining our trust. They are doing really well atm, you can however definitely tell who is the more dominant piggy.

Back