Vegetables- too much/little?

Reaction score
Hey!
This is how much food I'm feeding my piggies (I will attach a photo below)
I feed them once a day and no more
It consists of 4 small pieces of celery, a handful of green beans, one leaf of cabbage, and 4 sticks of green pepper
Apologies about the picture quality
I also feed a large amount of hay, and 2 tbsps of nuggets

IMG_20220103_090142.webp

Quantity wise, about one cup or so of veg per day is fine. Giving a variety is a good thing to do.

I tend to focus on leafy veg such as herbs and lettuce for my piggies. Daily, mine have lettuce, coriander, cucumber and bell pepper. They have other herbs added in as well but these leafy items form the bulk. I would personally only give one green bean per pig per day.

Last edited:
Oh right okay!
So that was about 2-2 and a half cups?
Shall I immediately reduce their veg, or slowly bring it down, so that there aren't huge changes to their diet?

Oh right okay!
So that was about 2-2 and a half cups?
Shall I immediately reduce their veg, or slowly bring it down, so that there aren't huge changes to their diet?

If you’re feeding 2 cups and you’ve got 2 piggies then you are feeding the right amount.
I’d personally just adjust it so it has less green beans and something more leafy instead though. One individual bean each is enough

I’d also not feed cabbage too often. You could swap it for a few sprigs of coriander.

:agr: if you have 2 pigs, I'd reduce the amount of green beans and pop in something else like coriander/cilantro, chunk of cucumber or maybe a bit of courgette if they like it. Personally I'd swap out the cabbage for spring greens which is lower calcium.

My staples are romaine/little gem, cucumber, coriander/cilantro, spring greens, peppers and green beans.

I will add 'extras' every now and again, but for the most part that's it.

I'd also recommend not drying veggies after you wash them. Give it to them wet, can help with the prevention of bladder sludge and stones. 🙂

Back