Vegetables to give everyday?

Dollyx

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey all, I've noticed lately that my pigs water bottles haven't needed to be refilled as often as normal and now I'm worried they're getting too much water from their veggies. Is that a reasonable concern? I'm not really sure :mal:

I give them bell peppers every day, along with a handful of lettuce throughout the day. They'll get cucumbers every other day or every three days and if I have it on hand, they'll also get cilantro throughout the day.

I'd also like to know what other vegetables I'm able to give them everyday? Any suggestions? These girls are very picky so I'm not even sure if they'd like new stuff :hmm:they don't care for fruit, which is a shame because I have a garden full of fruit lol :(

You don’t need to worry as long as they are getting water and are urinating frequently. If there is a signifiant change in their habits then you should see a vet.

The four safe veg they can have every day are bell pepper, lettuce, cilantro and cucumber.

They can then have anything else in moderation and rotation (factoring in things such as high calcium).

It’s a good thing they don’t like fruit! It doesn’t need to be in their diet at all, and if it is it should only be an occasional treat.

Cucumber is very good for water intake and I make sure mine get some every day. I give the all four main veg every day and in fact I give more than a cup of veg (but I don’t feed pellets every day), and mine still drink from their bottles.

Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading

Back