Vanilla extract…

Lisanjake

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Quick question please. Can piggies eat a small amount of this?

Attachments

• 2EABCB6F-258B-4B6F-B28F-8F3F1923A70D.webp
    2EABCB6F-258B-4B6F-B28F-8F3F1923A70D.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 13
I’m assuming you have a poorly piggy and are looking to mix in a bit of purée to critical care or similar?

I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t normally feed the fruit pouches anyway. They generally contain too much sugar for the piggies to receive all at once. I would usually go for the carrot pouches or similar. However, if you are in an “any port in a storm” situation (as we often find ourselves at night or weekends) then a very small amount may be ok.

I’m assuming you have a poorly piggy and are looking to mix in a bit of purée to critical care or similar?

I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t normally feed the fruit pouches anyway. They generally contain too much sugar for the piggies to receive all at once. I would usually go for the carrot pouches or similar. However, if you are in an “any port in a storm” situation (as we often find ourselves at night or weekends) then a very small amount may be ok.

Yes was just going to mix a bit in to see if she liked the taste a bit more. Then got puzzled at the vanilla extract part and can’t find anything online anywhere about if it is safe for them or not 🙈

You can simply mash in some banana to Critical care - that tends to sweeten it for piggies, as long as they like banana (it’s like marmite in this house, some love it, others hate it).

Back