Using lino for bottom of C&C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey..
Another Q xD

Who uses lino for the bottom of their cage? Does it work okay?

Also, if anyone uses it, did you cut a sheet for the bottom, and 4 seperate bits for the side and taped them or did you just fold it up the sides?

Jane

Hiya, have pm'd you

You cut a piece of lino to fit your cage bottom plus about 3 inches up each side, then cut a square at the edge, score and fold up

It works really well :)

I haven't got my C&C cage (yet!) but I was thinking of lino. I was thinking of lining the entire wood base I will make... ie the floor and then fold it up the sides and maybe glue it down. I might have to slit it a bit in the corners but not all the way down, to get a good fit.

Pics would be great if anyone has any!

This is mine, don't know how clearly you can see the lino, but you can see it sticking up around the cage to try to contain the hay and poops. I then line it with newspaper then vetbed

CAWLS9GB.jpg

my cc runs have corrulux in them a plastic covered card type thing, perfect for the runs easy to clean and easy to use, I do ahev lino under the corrulux int eh sheds on the floor easy to clean with trigene to keep bugs etc away

Jane said:
Just wondering, is it easy enough to score lino or will I end up cutting all the way through? :P

I bent it over and pressed hard ;D

kayjay said:
Jane said:
Just wondering, is it easy enough to score lino or will I end up cutting all the way through? :P

I bent it over and pressed hard ;D

Did it actually go in to make an L shape or was it kinda bent in the corner? Not sure if that makes sense :-\ (kinda, was it an L or a J.. hmmm..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back