• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Urinary Supplement for Bladder Stones

Cuddles With Cavies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this supplement?

Sherwood’s - Urinary Support

My sow has 2 bladder stones, one 8mm and one 5mm. We’ve decided not to operate because of the poor prognosis of surgery. So we’re just managing her discomfort with pain killers and antibiotics.

This claims to dissolve bladder stones. I’m not naive enough to think that this is some miracle cure. But I thought perhaps it might help 🤷‍♀️

Has anyone had any experience with this supplement?

Sherwood’s - Urinary Support

My sow has 2 bladder stones, one 8mm and one 5mm. We’ve decided not to operate because of the poor prognosis of surgery. So we’re just managing her discomfort with pain killers and antibiotics.

This claims to dissolve bladder stones. I’m not naive enough to think that this is some miracle cure. But I thought perhaps it might help 🤷‍♀️

Hi

You can try our Search button by the top bar for the product to see whether there has been any feedback on its efficiency; it has occasionally come up. I don't think we have seen much success with it.

PS: Is your vet not keen on an operation or is that the result from you doing your own online research? In the latter case I hope that you are aware that what you come up against is always the horror stories and the miracle cures but what you do not see is the majority of successful operations because they are generally taken for granted and not considered worth posting about.

I have had about 6-7 or so successful bladder an urethral stone ops in sows, including a borderline one for a truly mahoosive round 11 mm diameter rabbit sized stone (it's the stone on the right and now in the collection of Simon Maddock). That sow regained the 200g she had lost rapidly within 2 weeks of the op.

Here is a picture with some of my own larger - successfully removed - bladder stones:
IMG_8865_edited-1.JPG

Hi

You can try our Search button by the top bar for the product to see whether there has been any feedback on its efficiency; it has occasionally come up. I don't think we have seen much success with it.

PS: Is your vet not keen on an operation or is that the result from you doing your own online research? In the latter case I hope that you are aware that what you come up against is always the horror stories and the miracle cures but what you do not see is the majority of successful operations because they are generally taken for granted and not considered worth posting about.

I have had about 6-7 or so successful bladder an urethral stone ops in sows, including a borderline one for a round 11 mm diameter rabbit sized stone. That sow regained the 200g she had lost rapidly within 2 weeks of the op.

Here is a picture with some of my own larger - successfully removed - bladder stones:
View attachment 240236
Thanks for the help I’ll have a look for some feedback with the search bar. I’ve

generally never had much luck with operations on piggies unfortunately. It normally results in maybe a week or two of a painful decline. I spoke to my vet and he agreed, that they tend to find bladder stone operations on piggies not overly successful. She’s quite an older piggies now, 5 years old and I don’t want to put her through a major operation.

Thanks for the help I’ll have a look for some feedback with the search bar. I’ve

generally never had much luck with operations on piggies unfortunately. It normally results in maybe a week or two of a painful decline. I spoke to my vet and he agreed, that they tend to find bladder stone operations on piggies not overly successful. She’s quite an older piggies now, 5 years old and I don’t want to put her through a major operation.
how is your piggy now after being on those tablets?

Back