• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

urgent help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have just got a pair of males from a family who no longer want them i am going to hehome them but one of them is running round in circles a lot and i have picked him up and gone to put him down and his paws dont go out to jump from my hands he just flops to the floor sometimes somersaulting but he appears to be walking ok and he is eating the greens i gave him he is in the vets tommorrow morning any ideas :smitten:

Oh no i don't know much about that sort of thing,,, Keep us posted though wont you

Sorry, not something I recognise. Is he just really stressed? My new boys ran around in a blind panic when I first put them in the new cage, and went rigid (completely) when I picked them up. Give him a chance to settle. If he's brave enough to eat in front of you then that's good!

hopefully someone who knows more will be along soon to help you!

Good luck and well done for taking them on

Sophie

I have not encountered what you describe,but it sounds like a neurological problem.Is there any chance that the previous owner could have dropped him?.This could be a head injury. The other possibility is an infection in the inner ear.

You are doing the best thing getting him to a vet tomorrow as there is not anything you can do yourself,except keep him warm.

Do you know how old he is?.

Did you ask them if he has been dropped?.Did the previous owners notice this circling or has he just started to do it?.

hoping your baby will be alright, :smitten: :smitten:i was thinking of neuro problem when i read your first post. please keep us updated sending love and prayers your way. 0:) 0:) hug and cuddles to you and your babies. :smitten: :smitten: :) :)

We're also sending healing wheeks and loves to your dear little one :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
I hope you can see a vet pretty quickly as this little piggie needs to be checked out, but it sounds like you're aware of that, good on you also for rehoming O0 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Best of luck from us :) :) :) :)

yeah, me to, i thought it could be a neurological problem. or he could just be very stressed. going to the vet is definitely the right thing. Good luck O0 *sending gentle hugs and healing wheaks to you and him!* :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
keep us posted :)

how did things go at the vet? :-\ :-\ :-\ hoping things went well. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: know that we are thinking of you and your piggy :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: wishing you all the best at the vet. hugs and cuddles to you and your babies. :smitten: :smitten: :) :)

how did you get on? hope everythings ok :) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I took him to the vets it was the worse news he is brain damaged he has probably been dropped he said he will live a functional life but hius brain will be working very hard to let him do everyday things but we are not giving up on him as long as he is eating drinking pooing weeeing and running around to me looking happy we will do our best to find him that extra special home he needs thanks for your kind words everyone :smitten: :smitten:

Poor babe, such a shame but if hes eating and drinking and getting about ok he'll be happy enough i'm sure. :smitten:

Oh the poor baby . I have a brain damaged cat (rescue) - she wanders around the house like the lights are on but no one home BUT she wees, poos and can just about climb on the couch - she will live out her days here safe and sound.

Its awful but very rewarding being able to offer a loving home to an animal with special needs.

Where are you (just out of interest).

Helen.

me too! hi emmaclaire, couldnt resist butting in i'm also in walsall and my name is Clare too! ;D :)

Poor little piggy. But as long as he is happy and coping.
Is there a chance that he could be bullied if he is kept with a cage mate? This happened to one of our piggies who was poorly - could be something to watch out for..

Hoping he finds a lovely forever home.

Hi Clare (both)

I am just down the road on the Walsall / Birmingham border

hope you find the special boy a good home. hoping that when it was dropped it was accidental. sending hugs and cuddles to you and your baby. perhaps the 3 of you could have a meetup, maybe one of you could give him a good home. just a thought. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Wish i could offer the poor little lad a home, i'd love to but i have my hands full with the four i already have and may be moving away in a few years so wouldnt be fair, hope he finds somewhere lovely soon x :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back