• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

URGENT GUINEA PIG ILLNESS, HELP NEEDED ASAP

Sir Cheeseballs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pigs name is cheeseballs, and he is a few weeks away from being 4 years old. I took him out onto the couch today and noticed he fell while I wasn’t looking, and thought nothing of it. A few hours later and he is constantly loosing ballance, falling over, and leaning to the right. He is genuinely my best friend in the world, and he seems fine other than that. All of our local vets are closed, however my dad is calling one soon for an appointment tomorrow. What is the best way to keep my little guy happy and pain free?

I am sorry to hear this.
Are there any emergency vets near you? If you phone your local vet/s most of the time their answering machine will include how to contact an out of hours vet.

I will attach the forums guide to bridging until you are able to see a vet - Emergency and Crisis Care as well as Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

My thoughts are with you and cheeseball at this time x

He seems to be much better now, with only the occasional eye twitch. We have a vet appointment scheduled for next morning, and I think he’s going to be fine if it turns out well, thank you!

Good luck at the vets. I hope it’s something easily treatable.

Back