• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

URGENT Gideon has loose poos

• Thread starter Thread starter willowflower
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willowflower

help my little man has really loose poos there coming out formed so it's not full blown diahroea but it could become that have no idea what to do have been in touch with vet and he said just to monitor him and feed plenty hay is this good advice? if he gets worse vet says to take him in straight away
please help he's been through so much and a case of diahroea could kill him he is such a weakling

That sounds like good advice, just keep a close eye on him and dont feed any veggies for now. I think I would still give him his pellets though and of course hay. They need to eat to stop their system shutting down but veggies can make runny poos worse. If he does take a turn for the worse, straight to the vet O0

willowflower said:
where would i get a probiotic?

You can get it from your vets. I think you can also get it from pet stores such as PAH too!

thanks i'm on my way to vets now for some i gave them a phone so i can collect it
thanks for the help

yeah, i'd agree with what everybody else has said. Keep him warm, and feed him plenty of hay, but keep him off the veggies and fruit. make sure he's getting plenty of water, as dihorrea (sp?) can dry you out. Give him some probiotics and if he gets worse get him to the vets straight away. hope the poor little dear is getting better. :) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: *big hugs and lots of love to you both* :smitten: :-*

Willowflower,

Any piggy with diarrheoa needs to be given rehydration therapy. Any of the rehydration powder satchets from the chemist will do.Make it up as per instructions on the satchet,and give little and often.

Fibreplex helped my Bailey through his diarrhoera recently.

Sending get well vibes for your piggie

maryh said:
Willowflower,

Any piggy with diarrheoa needs to be given rehydration therapy. Any of the rehydration powder satchets from the chemist will do.Make it up as per instructions on the satchet,and give little and often.
oooo yeah, forgot to mention that, thats a definite.

thanks for all the advice had gideon at vets this morning and he seems better but i have been advised to keep him on dry food for another couple of days and have been given vitamin drops to make sure he gets what he needs he seems to be fine now but still a fair bit to go on the recovery front

hi katiep sorry didn't reply sooner been having a time of it recently my gran and aunty have landed in hospital so been busy visiting however on the mend now
Gideon is much better now back to normal vet thinks it's just something he going to be suceptible to until his immune system recovers fully but until then i've to cut out things like cucumber and lettuce he never used to get a lot of these veggies but now to be safe anything with a hugh water content is out but he seems to be happy
and hopefully he'll improve so i can try and bond him with a Mrs piggy

thanks for the concern
i appreciate it

Hi,

Get well soon Gideon! Cuzzy was like this the other day (Crikey I'm eating my dinner here...haha) But his poos where formed although a bit wet looking and smeary! If that makes sense! Cuzzy does have mites and it wasn't enough to ring alarm bells with me as Cuzzy had an injection I thought it was that but I laid off veggies and gave hay and dried mix and plenty of water and now he is back to his crazy popcorning self.

I know they can go down hill quick but its amazing how well they can recover from feeling a little off.

Good luck and let us know how Gideon is!

Louise
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back