• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Urgent advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just one to feed the piggies and Flopy isn't right at all :'( doesn't want to eat and is making little and is not moving round at all..
just tried the vets and they don't open until 9am so I've got 5 minutes to wait, his eyes are not bright as they usually are either and seems very very poorly...

Vibes for Flopy please :'(

Hugs , kisses and cuddles for flopy :-*
thinking about you S xx

have you rang the vets what did they say? Thinking of you !

How is his breathing? I'm thinking URI what you have described was how Cuzzy was. How old is Flopy? Let us know how you get on.

Thinking of you Karen x

Re: Urgent advice please U/D he's gone

My poor little boy is gone :'( I took him straight to the vets and by the time I got there he was covered in Diarrhoea :'(.. He was in a lot of pain when she touched hs tummy and he seemed very distressed, the kindest thing for Flopy was putting him to sleep.. I stayed with him when he passed away it was so sad.
I cried and cried and now I've got home feel embarrased for crying so much in the vets...

I've now got zac on his own, shall I bring him to live in the house ?

I'm so sorry to hear that :( i'd bring the little fella indoors, he might help you feel better too. I'm really sorry for your loss, dont feel embarassed about crying it just shows how much you cared about him. RIP Flopy :( x

Thank you all, the vet thought he was an old boy aswell and not 2 as we thought..

So sorry Karen, know exactly how you feel I lost Molly last friday and howled like a baby...am thinking of you xx

So sorry about flopy, don't feel embarrassed about crying so much at the vets we've all done it.
I think it would be a good idea to bring zac in as it will be company for him and you can give him lots of cuddles.
RIP Flopy 0:) x

I will bring Zac in he's Alpaco( I think with the long hair)so he'll be better living indoors.. The other two piggies will have a shed to themselves so they'll be happy..

Do you think we'll be enough for Zac ?or should I try bonding him with my other two ?

Could they have floor time with Zac? Maybe put a divider up to see how they go. It may work. Do your other two get on ok? It all depends on their personalities it may work out. I would certainly try because their is no harm in it but do keep a careful watch on them and be ready with a towel to seperate if things go wrong.

I would try floor time in a neutral area if you can. Was Flopy your own pig or one of your recent foster boys?

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Could they have floor time with Zac? Maybe put a divider up to see how they go. It may work. Do your other two get on ok? It all depends on their personalities it may work out. I would certainly try because their is no harm in it but do keep a careful watch on them and be ready with a towel to seperate if things go wrong.

I would try floor time in a neutral area if you can. Was Flopy your own pig or one of your recent foster boys?

Flopy was my piggie not the foster ones, my first ever piggie :smitten:... I'll bring Zac in the house until the weather warms up I think then decide whats best to do. .. My two other piggies get on very well together ..

So sorry to hear about Flopy. :'( :'(

I'm so so sorry love :'( :'( :'(
You obviously did all you can, sometimes no what we do it's just not enough for them by then they're real sick :'( :'( :'( they hide it so well unfortunately :'( :'(
RIP Flopy 0:) 0:) 0:) run free at the bridge, have fun little guy no more pain just lots of fun and munching on all the green grass and dandelions :'( :'( :'(
All our love to you and Zac :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: i'm so glad you were with him in the end, he knew how much you loved him and gosh don't be embarrassed by crying it shows how much you loved him :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Very sorry you lost Flopy so quickly. RIP little man 0:) :smitten:

I'm so sorry for your loss :'( we lost our Tyson to the same thing few months back, but he was only few months old. My heart goes out to you xx

So sorry for your loss dont worry about crying i blubber every time i've taken mine to the vets for the same reason
{{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}
Ron x

So sorry to hear about Flopy, don't worry about crying at the vets we all do it just shows how much you cared.
Big Hugs to you and Zac

I am so sorry to hear flopy has gone to the bridge :'( :'( :'( You did the right thing taking him to the vets and you were with him so he knew he was loved at the end :'( :'(

So sorry to hear about your Flopy, we lost two of ours (young boys) in similar circumstances very suddenly back in the summer. We cried our eyes out in the vets and never cared who saw. If you can, i would bring Zac in.

So sorry to hear about Flopy. I'm with everyone else, I'd also bring Zac inside. Take care.

So sad for your loss 0:) R.I.P. little one

Don't be embarrassed to cry - I think it's good to show your feelings and the Vet now knows you're a caring concerned pet lover, so don't worry about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back