• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Update - Queensie passed away

• Thread starter Thread starter JoanneG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoanneG

Hi - about 6 weeks ago I was conversing on this forum because of the lump that my Qeensie had developed under her chin that I thought was an abscess, but it was actually bone growth. It grew much bigger, and ended up splitting her skin. It was a rough few weeks, but now she is no longer in pain and I fully trust she is free in the kingdom of her Creator and ours. Thanks to all who emailed me during that time.

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my Queensie/Speensie/Speenser on Saturday morning, January 12th at the age of 7. She had started to really suffer with the bone growths on her jaw. She had survived mostly from syringe feeds of Critical Care and other such mixtures for a couple of weeks, but things were getting too difficult for her.

She wheeped at me yesterday morning when I came in at 7:30 – only about the 3rd time in a couple of weeks. She managed to very slowly munch on a few of her favorite veggies on her trip to the vet. She always had a strong will, combined with a sweetness, and this remained right to the end.

We adopted Queensie and her ‘sister’ cage mate Tootsie 6 years ago and were thought to be about a year old at that time. They had been abandoned outside our pet supply store in a small cage one cold March night. Tootsie is still with us, so please send up some prayers for her. They had many good times with us, including being outside in an enclosure we would put on the grass on nice days in the summer. They have been well looked after, and well loved. Queensie had longish red hair, with little ‘rosettes’ all over, and really sweet bangs. Her favorite foods were carrot and apple, but she always got assorted greens each day along with good pellets and hay.

Many of you know the emptiness and grief that comes from going through this. It’s truly a tough time. But the loving them has all been worth it.

Joanne

I'm so sorry :'( but as you say she is no longer in pain. RIP little girly, I'm sure you'll be sadly missed :( x

so sorry to hear this :( rip queensie. 7 was a good age

Hi Joanne
i was going to send you a message via gpdd :(
Oh love i'm so so sorry about little Queensie :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
RIP Queensie 0:) 0:) 0:) a beautiful little lady who will be now in no pain and can happily play at the bridge with all our other dear little furbabies :-* :-*
((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) for you and piggie kisses as well from Duke :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Sorry for your loss Joanne.
RIP Queensie. 0:) :smitten:

I am so sorry :'(
Sleep Tight little one 0:)
Hugs for you and tootsie xx

sorry for your loss, she had a good long life with you.
Bless you and her x

I'm so, so sorry for you and your little piggy. It must be an awful feeling to lose your baby. I will say a little prayer for your piggy and I hope it's comforting to know he's no longer in pain. I wish you the best during this awful time.
:'( :'( :'( :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back