• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

update on Dobbys foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
the vet was wonderful today he was really chatty and marveled at the knowledge I had I told him i got it from Vedra and he was impressed
Dobbs foot is improving there is only one small ulcer left to heal the others have gone he said the handwash makes sense in keeping it bug free, nappy cream keeps it supple and free of bacteria, the Rimydil is a pain relief and it helps with the swelling , he said all together its working slowly but surely, now he wants him just on baytril fiberplex and and wash and cream and metacam as Rimydil can cause anorexia making them depressed and stop eating which although Dobbs is eating he is losing weight, hes just had half a banana but is losing weight, so he is now being syringe fed to top him up and help him gain weight,
he can have baby food as well if he prefers,
still on towels for another week if the ulcer goes then he can go on hay for a few hours every day but back on towels for night,
he did say once a pig starts to lose weight thats more of an issue then almost anything else, so am concentrating on him quite a bit,
while there i also mentioned worming , he suggested if I am interested then try some of the younger ones for a while, then take in some poops from them he will then look at them under microscopeto see if there is any worms present but not to touch the older ones,
he was going into details about the adult worm staying and the young hatch out etc etc, he said most pigs can cope with worms and it never ever give them problems, only if they are ill , think I'll ask him info each time i see him then write a book lol

Glad to hear he's on the mend. What were the first symptoms you noticed? Did the ulcers form from dry looking skin? Did they form anywere other than the pads of his feet? I'm still concerned about Gus. Thanks

I noticed his foot was swollen and looked at it more closely, he had red and bluish tinged foot and they were double their size with 3 ulcer type sores on them, the work been done on the foot has helped addn now just has one small ulcer type sore, the foot its self wasn't too dry, so fingers crossed for your Gus,

Dobby we're glad to hear you've nearly got rid of your sore footies, now eat up little man and your mummy will be much happier :-* :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back