Unsuitable cage

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 1169
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats appalling! Even my hamster cage is bigger than that! :(
Surely there should be some kind of law as to what sort of furry they can label a cage suitable for! :tickedoff:

grommit said:
Thats appalling! Even my hamster cage is bigger than that! :(
Surely there should be some kind of law as to what sort of furry they can label a cage suitable for! :tickedoff:
Tell me about it :-\ even the reviews are bad for the item and i just hope no ones stupid enough to actually buy this for anything :(

I wouldnt even put a young mini in that short term :o

sokel said:
I wouldnt even put a young mini in that short term :o
someone bought it for their mini pigs as ive just looked and it said perfect for baby guinea pigs :-\

Oh no thats horrible, Sunshine would fill that! I wouldn't even put Eccles in it and he is under 500g, they just love to run and popcorn as babes it's not fair to put them in something so small.

And the price, what is that all about! :( Amazon need reporting!

When I saw that I thought that it must me some kind of cruel joke. But there's nothing funny about it at all!
That cage is an abomination to humankind, animalkind and even insectkind. The only thing I would put in there is a very very small.... actually theres nothing that is suitable for that horrible thing. :tickedoff:
I'm glad all the people who reviewed it knew that putting a piggie in that...thing... would be so cruel that they would be put in the same category as people who torture animals!

Sick people... :'(
I feel so bad for any piggie that is put in that horrible contraption for even a second!
It's disgusting what they try to pass off as suitable for our precious furrys. >:( >:(

Gosh even my robovski hamster has a bigger cage than those 2, there just cruel :'(

I'm a member so added mt 2p worth on both ;)

I've just emailed amazon to complain, suggesting that they stop selling these cages as anybody using them for rabbits or guinea pigs would be liable for prosecution under the new Animal Welfare Act. That should worry them a bit. I'll let you know if they reply, but they probably wont. These companies dont care.

Damonshumanslave said:
I've just emailed amazon to complain, suggesting that they stop selling these cages as anybody using them for rabbits or guinea pigs would be liable for prosecution under the new Animal Welfare Act. That should worry them a bit. I'll let you know if they reply, but they probably wont. These companies dont care.
Oh great - do you have the link to the new act as id love to see it as ive never heard or seen of it before :D

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/welfare/act/index.htm

There you go!

The first part of the act is that every animal should have a suitable place to live, and the third part is that every animal should be able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns. Those cages provide neither of those. How would a piggie popcorn or get any exercise?

Awww thanks you guys O0 I'm currently learning all about the act etc and have only just heard of it to be honest :D

They have got to be joking. I wouldnt put a hamster in one that small. :tickedoff:

Put bad comment on BOth and sent email to Amazon telling them to contact RSPCA if they didn't believe me! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I got a reply from Amazon, but it says that those are marketplace listings, so you need to complain directly to the seller, but it didnt tell me how!! I have looked on the pages the cages are on, and there is no link! Grrrrr!

Personally, I think Amazon should force the seller to re-advertise them as cages for mice or something, or ban them from selling products altogether. Instead they have done nothing and just passed the blame.

Damonshumanslave said:
I got a reply from Amazon, but it says that those are marketplace listings, so you need to complain directly to the seller, but it didnt tell me how!! I have looked on the pages the cages are on, and there is no link! Grrrrr!

Personally, I think Amazon should force the seller to re-advertise them as cages for mice or something, or ban them from selling products altogether. Instead they have done nothing and just passed the blame.
oh no - looks as though amazon dont care really then :-\

Nope, and I have to say, I'm not at all suprised! None of these companies care, they only care about profits.

Companies don't care, they just see pound or dollar signs and that is it! :(

The email they sent me had a 'was the reply helpful?' bit at the bottom, so I clicked 'no' and filled in a complaint form. I told them that the seller of those 2 products is causing animal cruelty and torture, and that the RSPCA could prosecute. Hopefully they'll listen. In the meantime, I'm boycotting Amazon. I'm disgusted that they sell these cages, and that they care so little when they are told how cruel they are!

This is the reply I got from Amazon:

"Thank you for writing to Amazon.co.uk with your concerns on this item "Standard Guinea Pig (Cavie) Home (22.5 X 12 X 10" Ht)." I am sorry to hear that you are upset by this item's inclusion on our website.

Our goal as a retailer is to provide customers with the broadest selection possible so they can find, discover and buy any item they might be seeking. Such a broad selection will inevitably include some items which some people may find distasteful or otherwise objectionable.

Customer feedback such as yours helps us to continue improving the selection and service we provide. I have passed your comments along to the appropriate department. We value all feedback from our customers, and I thank you again for taking the time to send us your comments about this issue. Thanks you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

Please let us know if this e-mail answered your question"

Looks like they plan on doing nothing then.

The item is not just distasteful, its plain evil!!!

Hi - could someone give me their email address please i want to contact them too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back