• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

unexplainable death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi there, about a month ago one of my piggies (Rocky) unfortunately died. :-\ He seemed perfectly healthy, he was 2 years old, eating and drinking ok, and hadnt lost any weight, it was all very sudden. Has anyone else experienced the same?

So sorry to hear about your piggy. Often it can be due to long-term heart problems that you know nothing about until your piggy passes away.

Thanks for your help, just wish there was something I could have done

munchie said:
Hi there, about a month ago one of my piggies (Rocky) unfortunately died. :-\ He seemed perfectly healthy, he was 2 years old, eating and drinking ok, and hadnt lost any weight, it was all very sudden. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Yep, unfortunatly i think it's just one of those things. It's never any easier when you know whats happening. Dont blame yourself. There was nothing that could've been done.

Big hugs. Don't blame yourself.

Piggies go downhill ever so quickly and often without warning

Sooty and Sweep died unexpectably too, just a week after being told by the vet they were perfectly healthy, but a week later i found sweep dead. he was a the same weight, and perfectly healthy. but sooty upset me more. 2 hours after visiting him seeing him run around and play, i came to but down their covers, too see him lying dead in his hay. i couldnt believe it. :'( rip rocky!

Bertie was about 2 and was in the run and I noticed he looked quite I picked him he rolled over in my arms and died as I lay him down, nothing wrong he was eating earlier, it happens quite often my vet said it can be a stroke heart attack or something they have hidden so well like kidney probs etc, this year me along with others who have quite a few pigs have had a few unexplained deaths, its hard to accept but I guess its nature, I'm sorry you lost Rocky and we all know how awlful you feel,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back