Undecided on options.

Lorcan

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
The correx sheets are bigger than I expected them to be, so my original plan for them is no longer a thing. Instead I have two options really.

I can either use two sheets and double them up for the base, and then cut the 3rd into strips to make walls along the sides,

OR

I use one as the base, tape two together and slot them under, and then use the taped ones to make walls.

The walls don't need to be massively high, just enough to try and lessen poop ending up on the carpet. I'm not going to be doing it tonight because the heating's on and apparently my brain's now mush. I'm leaning towards the first option but advice is never unwelcome.

DSC_0259.webp

(what I've got)

I'd go with the first option as it sounds like less work ;)

It does, doesn't it? But I wasn't sure if there was a better way to go with it. The end result probably won't look pretty but it should still be functional, and I still have duct tape from moving.

Can you spin them the other way and score and end and sides, two sides (middle piece) and another end and sides and just tape them together?

You mean horizontally instead of vertically? With the photo angle, I mean. It's 2mm correx, so I was thinking of doubling it so it's technically 4mm at the base, but I don't know if that's actually needed. But tbh it probably isn't, and you've got a point, if I laid them out horizontally I'd have the lengths on all sides to be making the walls. Hmm.

That is one amazing sized enclosure.

I bought the grids as a pack of 27 plus a door, originally I was going to be putting them downstairs where the space was actually smaller, but since I'd moved it upstairs and that part of the bedroom is the only real suitable spot, I figured why not see how large I can go? It's probably a good thing I sleep in the other bedroom, lol.

I just need to get the correx done right. I don't want to waste that space.

You mean horizontally instead of vertically? With the photo angle, I mean. It's 2mm correx, so I was thinking of doubling it so it's technically 4mm at the base, but I don't know if that's actually needed. But tbh it probably isn't, and you've got a point, if I laid them out horizontally I'd have the lengths on all sides to be making the walls. Hmm.
Yes that’s what I was thinking it would hopefully be less of a faff than sort of sticking the sides on! With 2mm if you are doing any scoring press very lightly!

Yes that’s what I was thinking it would hopefully be less of a faff than sort of sticking the sides on! With 2mm if you are doing any scoring press very lightly!

I'm thinking of folding it first. With a bit of encouragement it should fold the correct way and if it needs scoring still that should be the time to do it? But it has occurred to me that I was thinking of putting the correx outside the grids, but actually I could still put them inside and then I might only need one sheet.

Thinking is dangerous and now I've got about 20 ideas floating in my brain, lol.

Lol I've just realised that's the wrong photo :doh: (I'm making this a habit today, I asked someone to get me red green and blue peppers earlier)

DSC_0262.webp

All the tape should be out of any nosy pig's reach. I may at some stage poke a hole through the front bit and tie it to the cage with a...I've forgotten the word. Zip tie! But it may not be needed so I'm not going to do it right away.

Maybe instead of blue peppers you were thinking of blueberries? Given how Comet (or was it Blitzen?) adored them so.

It was both, although Comet was quite gentle taking them from you. Blitzen would've eaten his way through your fingers to reach the delicious blueberries instead, lol.

It was, however, Comet who tried climbing onto the arm of the sofa to get at a punnet once. :doh:

Lol I've just realised that's the wrong photo :doh: (I'm making this a habit today, I asked someone to get me red green and blue peppers earlier)

View attachment 194647

All the tape should be out of any nosy pig's reach. I may at some stage poke a hole through the front bit and tie it to the cage with a...I've forgotten the word. Zip tie! But it may not be needed so I'm not going to do it right away.
The boys will love this, it is so much bigger than their current cage. I have told them they only have one more night before they get to their new home. I did sneak a little cuddle with them though.

The boys will love this, it is so much bigger than their current cage. I have told them they only have one more night before they get to their new home. I did sneak a little cuddle with them though.
Watch out @Lorcan - before you know it @YvonneBlue will be campaigning for shared custody of your boys :lol:

Back