• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Uncle Ton's trip to the vets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It was time for his teeth trim earlier and off we went.

An hour or so before, he was a bit impacted so he had a good clean out! Phew the smell! One very large ball of poop!

We got to the vets, not usual nice one, but one who decides to go poking him around! Now, Uncle Ton doesn't like to be mucked about so gave her a load of verbal abuse! LOL
She trimmed his teeth and also decided to give him a manicure, cutting into the quicks and making him bleed! BRRRRRRRRRR

If that wasn't enough she said he still felt impacted, but much further inside... then literally pulled him apart and took out another large lump! Was squeaking really bad and he was sore, but she said 'oh no, he'll be ok'. Now I know my Ton, all my pigs and know when they are hurting.

Brought him home and when you touched him, he was in fact sore, so he had some calpol, and seems much better now! :)

BRRRRRRRRRR VETS! We're going to see Paula next time as she's left practices'.

awww bless him,i hate this impaction thingy that they have,mum did one of ours today and gawd it stunk

I can just imagine your gp looking up at the vet and chatterin and swearing away at her guinea pig style! Have yet to experience a piggy with an impacted bum and long may that last! Poor Uncle Ton. Out of interest, how much Calpol do you give a pig when they are sore and what various reasons might you give this?

For pain relief - I use the infant suspension a 0.2ml. One dose it usually enough. But recently given all 4 boys 3 x a day for 2 days when they developed a cold :)

Thanks for that. There's so much to learn! Calpol going on list for my three just in case!

Poor darling Uncle Ton.

Loads of healing kisses coming your way.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JayneG said:
Thanks for that. There's so much to learn! Calpol going on list for my three just in case!

No problem. For mild pain relief, I mean it shouldn't really be as a replacement for Baytril from your vets, as that is good stuff too :)

Lucinda said:
Poor darling Uncle Ton.

Loads of healing kisses coming your way.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He's very happy! Wants the real thing in Feb ;D

Oh the poor guy. Shame he didn't give the vet a good nip!I shall have to remember the calpol tip. Got plenty of that in the cupboard for our little lad.

Dear Uncle Ton, hope you feel much better tomorrow.
Love x

NB this is from Caroline - L is still logged on my computer.

Lucinda said:
Dear Uncle Ton, hope you feel much better tomorrow.
Love x

NB this is from Caroline - L is still logged on my computer.

Hehe, thank you. Find the signout button, towards the top :-*

He's fine today thanx - woke up, had a cuddle and gone back to sleep! :D

furryfriends said:
Hope he is feeling happier now! Tell him he doesn't need to see that nasty vet ever again!

Big hugs and kisses for Uncle Ton x

He knows for sure that we're not going back to see her again, also think that she took too much off his front teeth too :o

We're so not happy

I've only just seen this. Poor Uncle Ton I hope he feels better today. Big piggie kisses for him x :-*

Uncle Ton, you have a little something coming through the post from my lot x

DebbieR said:
I've only just seen this. Poor Uncle Ton I hope he feels better today. Big piggie kisses for him x :-*

Is better thanx :) Still has a bit of a sore bum though.. Kisses greatly received in Feb! LOL

Lucinda said:
Uncle Ton, you have a little something coming through the post from my lot x

Naughty Lucinda!

Did the vet apologise about making him bleed?
Its really hard in those situations to say get the F off, I can do his nails - they don't need to be that short for a reason...
Its people in white coats seem to have some kind of muting authority. I always kick myself when I get back home from times like this. I suppose no 'major' harm been done, best learn not to use that vet now than for something life threatening. Give him a big kiss from me. :-*

hils78 said:
Its really hard in those situations to say get the F off, I can do his nails - they don't need to be that short for a reason...
Its people in white coats seem to have some kind of muting authority. I always kick myself when I get back home from times like this. I suppose no 'major' harm been done, best learn not to use that vet now than for something life threatening. Give him a big kiss from me. :-*
I agree
( seconded)

hils78 said:

yeah right ;D getting an apology! Oh what's that I see. a flying piggy! LOL

Nope, just said 'oh dear' and got a styptic pencil! I can't do Ton's nails as he's the only one that wont sit still and I hate faffing him around - but soo as the vet does it, he's as still as anything! ;)

But, yep, his nails are so much shorter and I don't like :(
Definitely not taking him there again!

:-* :-* He loves you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back