Unable to get normal pellets

WobblyPiggy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, we've been unable to order our normal pellets...every time we try it is cancelled...normally we order Mr Johnsons Supreme Guinea Pig Mix...normally its a 15kg bag and it lasts a while...we were wondering does anyone have any similar pellets that they order and if so which ones? Or if anyone happens across the Mr Johnsons ones could they let me know where so I could order some...any help would be appreciated

I see Mr Johnson’s does two different types of guinea pig food. One which is a mix of different colourful pieces (a muesli) and also a plain pellet.
The ingredients in both types (the mix - muesli mixes shouldn’t be fed anyway), and the plain pellets both contain things which are best avoided - its a lot of cereal and alfalfa in both.
Finding an alternative - a plain timothy or grass based pellet - would be a good idea if possible.

This is our nugget companion chart which may help you.

Nugget Comparison Chart

I feed mine Science Selevtive grain free. My piggies for mad for them. I scatter feed rather than putting them in a bowl so my girls have to forage for their breakfast. As soon as my four hear the lid come off the tin they immediately start looking for their breakfast and I haven't given them it yet!

Ours also get Science Selective grain free, but they are such a small part of the diet that a few days being pellet free and eating more hay and veg shouldnt be a problem at all and might actually be beneficial, like a human having a few days cutting out refined carbs.

Back