Ultrasonic pest repellant

emily21

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi guys just wandered if anyone has used those ultrasonic pest repellents? I was wondering if I used them upstairs would it effect my piggies downstairs or would this be okay?

The descriptions says only an issue for hamsters but just wanted to be safe

I have one of these in my garden to repel rats, the piggies dont hear it through the outdoor wall plus 4 metres distance with it facing away from the house but on the first occasion I unthinkingly unpacked it and switched it on in the house... yes piggies freak out like mad, I had some very alarmed piggies needing lots of reassurance and apology veg and it only sounded for 5 seconds until I saw my poor piggies leap about in terror!

I have one in the living room and another in the utility room. These are not quite next door to the piggies as the middle bit of house is more open plan but there is only one internal door between the plug-in device room and the pigs. Each is put on at night and the door is shut. Piggies have shown no sign of noticing that anything was happening - it did say on the box that my type doesn't work through walls etc.

I can hear these devices and they're painful, I'd imagine the pigs would feel the same.

Back