• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Uh oh - our new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

katiep

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just noticed - our new little rex Lucky is sometimes not using one of his back legs - the same side that Fuzzy had problems with.
They look quite similar so I suspect one ot the parents is the same - could it be a genetic problem? Lucky uses his leg most of the time but sometimes when he runs he doesn't. Is it a sign of another problem or am I being bit paranoid? :(

Hi Katie, I don't think you are being paranoid at all. If you have noticed he isn't always using his back leg then something isn't right. I wouldn't know for sure if it could be a genetic thing, but it does seem that it could be with the likely hood that he & Fuzzy have the same perent/s.

Are you going to take him to the vets? I do hope he will be okay Katie x

Thanks ladies. We have spent a lot of time watching him, and he seems to be using his leg OK now. I think he might have been lifting it as he ran past his food bowl - not sure, but we will continue to keep an eye on him. I am taking him to the vets for a check up when Scruffy goes for his final mites injection, so hopefully all is well. Lucky has been eating non-stop which is a good sign!

Thanks again!

Thats good news Katie, I was looking at the pics of him he is such a little darling :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back