Two Tiered hutches

• Thread starter Thread starter Kerriebaby
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kerriebaby

I have an old rabbit hutch that has a ramp and run attached. Is it safe for the piggys? I know they would have to kept upstairs on the really rubbish days, but would they be able to manage it?

will they be able to manage what? the ramp? My piggies are in a 2 tier hutch and they are fine going up and down the ramp. they are 5 years old now.

The ramp might need to be altered so its not as steep and may need securing so they dont fall over the side O0

they should be fine i have ramps too,i just added sides to the ramps so they can't fall off, also put extra treads on the ramp as the one i had were spaced out quite wide.I also have to keep them upstairs on bad weather days.

All my hutches have ramps and once they know how to use them they will be fine, also I agree with the above they need banisters so the piggies dont fall over the side, I have already had one incident a while ago with a piggy falling over the side he was ok but very shocked so hubby put banisters on all to keep them safe :)

Should be fine, my piggie Koko has a ramp in her cage, but I dont need to put banisters on it b/c it's not very high. Shes fine, goes up and down that ramp like there's no tomorrow! LOL she is an absolute angel. 0:)
Irene x

Okay, I'm getting ready for my piggies (tho looking at the weather, I may have to wait until next year :'() I have bought some extra wide ferret tubes that I'm going to stick (or the oh more likely) to the ramp.

its a bit cold and wet. I know that pigs dont cope too well with the cold, and if the rescue/breeder have had them in, then i couldnt put them straight outside...or could I?

ahhh i see, i would worry about this also. and I wouldn't do it either, have you got a shed they can go in during the winter months, Piggies hutches really should be in a shed or unused garage during the winter months, if we are cold outside the piggies will be too.Thet are quite sensitive to the cold. i know there are a few people on the forum who do keep them out all year round, but personally i wouldn't. I still worry that they are still too cold in the shed LOL ;D

I put sides on the ramps as mine all run up and down them at the same time ::) My piggies are in the piggie shed as its way too damp outside for them this year. Its so warm in the shed as I have put thermal foil on the sides of the shed and the roof so it will keep the heat in during the cold winter months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back