• You will need to buy...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj.esus88

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this wonderful forum and in need of help, advice, tips if possible.
Iv just adopted two beautiful three and a half year old girl guinea's and have two cages that i would like to join together so they can have an even bigger home!
Any advice/tips.... :)

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 16
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 17
I think perhaps the blue base cage could be added to the side of the hutch, if you were crafty :D

I think perhaps the blue base cage could be added to the side of the hutch, if you were crafty :D
Thank you for replying :)
So is the big two tier cage ok ?! Was worried was two big/tall as they need to walk up the ramps to get to the upper part.... :) do guineas usually manage ramps ok ?! Iv read previous posts and seen tubes ate used for more security!

Ramps are a funny one. It's best to make sure they aren't steep and that they have sides to them so no piggies can fall. Also a good idea is to line the ramp with something like carpet tiles to aid in grip. The hutch is lovely :)

Ramps are a funny one. It's best to make sure they aren't steep and that they have sides to them so no piggies can fall. Also a good idea is to line the ramp with something like carpet tiles to aid in grip. The hutch is lovely :)
:) i will research ramps with sides now and look into carpet tiles :) do you recommend tunnels ?! Thank you so much for all this advice :)

Personally I've never used the tunnels, but many members have had great success with them, they are great at making your piggies feel secure :)

ramp-and-bannister-jpg.30844

here is a picture of my ramp tunnel - and the "bannister" my OH kindly made

Another question .... :)
From having guinea pigs when I was allot younger I'm in the mind set of using wood shavings to line there cage ...
From websites iv seen to buy these ramp tunnels there are also cage liners made from same material ...
Whats the benefit of cage liners compared to wood shavings for lining the cage... Is it different for every guinea pig...
Wouldn't the liners need to be fully washed daily?! Sorry for all the question :S :)

Liners just need to be spot cleaned twice or once a day, and fully washed at 60 degrees every three/four days without fabric softener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back