Tunnel recommendations?

h.h.lovecraft

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good tunnel? I bought this one, but after a few washes it basically collapsed and will not stay up. I can tell my piggies get annoyed with it, plus it kind of ruins the point when one or both sides aren't standing and they can't get it back up.

1028775_8858418108117.webp
I'd like to get a new one as they both really enjoy the tunnel, but I don't want to waste my money again on one that won't stay up. I've seen fleece tunnels, which sound nice and comfy, but do they hold up in the wash? It has to be washable since they do occasionally use the bathroom in it. Thanks!

I am pretty sure a member @Lavinia makes tunnels and they look lovely and I have seen other members rave about them.

If you are at all handy then I make my own - they are easy and work really well and have stood up to years of washing.

I do make tunnels, as do a lot of people. However most of mine are designed to be a tunnel come cozy snuggle sack too. The ends stay open, but the middles collapse downward a bit to make it extra snuggly.
I have made some that are bigger and more boned and they stay open really well but make those less often.

@rp1993 makes lovely stay open tunnels too, that like the ones I’ve made, are fully boned to stay open.

It depends on what your pigs prefer. Mine like cozy snuggly tunnels that they can head butt and chin into place! Haha

Since you live in Germany, you could try www.kuschelschwein.de.
The tunnels don't collapse and are good quality, survive washing, but my piggies don't like them as much as our other ones, because they don't collapse. ;) (My piggies are great at squashing.)
And it's pretty hard to brush the bedding/hay/hair off.

Then there is Anni-Sophie. She is based in Austria, so the delivery will be probably a bit more extensive. I bought a lot of 'pipi-pads' there, which were of good quality, but I haven't tried the tunnels. Most are double fleece which is a lot of work if you don't keep your piggies on fleece.

A friend of mine is just starting her business, but I don't know if she delivers to Germany. Since she is also a breeder, I probably shouldn't put the link to her website here, but I can send it to you via PM, if you are interested.
She made this fleece tunnel for me, also the hammock. She is the least expensive and the things I bought there are great quality. If you are interested, I can ask about delivery, but I'm pretty sure that she doesn't speak English (very good - but maybe I'm mistaken).
20211009_231549.jpg

The fleece tunnel made by Bunny's collapse easily. But my piggies don't have any problems to put them up again.
https://www.amazon.de/Unbekannt-Fleecy-Tunnel-Kissen-Nagetiere/dp/B076HTQSQG
You can probably buy them at Kölle Zoo, if there is one near you. I have used mine a lot and they wash easily.
But they won't stay up.
20211009_230502.jpg

Since you live in Germany, you could try www.kuschelschwein.de.
The tunnels don't collapse and are good quality, survive washing, but my piggies don't like them as much as our other ones, because they don't collapse. ;) (My piggies are great at squashing.)
And it's pretty hard to brush the bedding/hay/hair off.

Then there is Anni-Sophie. She is based in Austria, so the delivery will be probably a bit more extensive. I bought a lot of 'pipi-pads' there, which were of good quality, but I haven't tried the tunnels. Most are double fleece which is a lot of work if you don't keep your piggies on fleece.

A friend of mine is just starting her business, but I don't know if she delivers to Germany. Since she is also a breeder, I probably shouldn't put the link to her website here, but I can send it to you via PM, if you are interested.
She made this fleece tunnel for me, also the hammock. She is the least expensive and the things I bought there are great quality. If you are interested, I can ask about delivery, but I'm pretty sure that she doesn't speak English (very good - but maybe I'm mistaken).
View attachment 189147

The fleece tunnel made by Bunny's collapse easily. But my piggies don't have any problems to put them up again.
https://www.amazon.de/Unbekannt-Fleecy-Tunnel-Kissen-Nagetiere/dp/B076HTQSQG
You can probably buy them at Kölle Zoo, if there is one near you. I have used mine a lot and they wash easily.
But they won't stay up.
View attachment 189148

Thank you so so much for the recommendations! I took a look at Kuschelschwein and they had just what I was looking for. Plus they are based in Germany which makes everything easier. I even got to customize the colors of the tunnel to match their fleece bedding! 😀

Thank you to everyone else for the recommendations, I will come back to this post if I ever need another tunnel! I would love to order something from someone on the forum one day, but as I am in Germany, buying something from the UK is a bit more complicated and can get expensive with import tax and everything.

Back