Trying Fleece for the first time

WheekHearted

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m officially about to use fleece in my herds 2x9 cage. So far I’ve ordered 4 guineadads I’ll be using two 2x4 Liners at once.

What other things as far as accessories help with maintaining spot cleans?

Shall I get several smaller potty pads to supplement the main guineadad 2x4 liners?

Also is there a specific brush and pan that is better than The rest or will any do to remove the poops and uneaten hay?

Smaller pads are very useful for toilet areas. You can change them regularly and keep you main fleece cleaner. They are also good for under open tunnels or anywhere where your piggies lay around
A large washable bag to put your fleeces in when washing saves hairs/small bits of hay escaping and block your washing machine, I think they call them horsewear bags, for washing horse equipment.

Pee pads are essential 😊
I use a little handheld hoover to spot clean poops and hay it does a fab job!
A normal brush pan and brush also does the job!
Be careful washing the guinedad liners id o my do them at 30° as they do shrink a lot! I have their pee pads but would say that standard fleece ones are better 😊

I have a silicone brush (just a cheap one) and it gets the poops up a lot better than a normal brush.

A dollar store bought mini brush and pan work for my boys. The larger ones tend to be akward in the cage; for me atleast.

Thank you for the responses guys! I’m excited about switching them over to fleece. I want to see how they like it compared to aspen and kiln dried pine which I go through 1 - 1 1/2 large bags of every week.

That's a lovely big cage they must love all that room to run around.
They have loved it so far, especially Tauriel.

Here is Galadriel who is the herd boss. I thought it was Arwen at first but after doing behavior research I found out she is not the boss, it’s this dominant girl right here Galadriel 2FC295BA-FA3F-4361-9114-43159EAA68C9.webp

5DFAD2F5-EFF6-4EDE-8A5C-83ABF2FDAC31.webpAnd a pic if Tauriel too.

Looks great! They are very lucky pigs!

Thanks guys!
I’m thinking I might want to buy a few bath mats.
Does anyone know if the noodle bath rugs are worth it?
I’m thinking to add to their hay area mostly

I have always used them in the hay area, the hay does come off easily!

I just ordered 2 of them for mines hat area.

Well not a week in and fleece isn’t that difficult. I use a hover vacuum every morning. Sweet clean later in the day. It’s actually a lot nicer imo.

When I clean Tauriel always stays out and seems to inspect the vacuum thinking it’s treats maybe?
DC157A0F-C2DA-484A-B4B1-F65388232D8C.webp

Not the best shot but here’s all of them together. I must change this thread title too somehow I got 4 sows now not 3 :(

95EF22E6-D009-4C29-A0FF-2A5B6A4C7CA5.webp

Back