Try and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, on a topic here I posted how great vetbed and towels/fleece were.
I've changed my mind.
After trying my two wee bellies on it I thought yep, easy to clean.
Then my two monkeys decided it was boring, and found a new game of hide underneath. >:D
They stink. changing daily still didn't help.

So back on shavings and hay for now.

Found a very local supplier of megazorb, so picking some up in a couple of weeks.
He said a local rescue pick theirs up from him.
I didn't know we had one. I am going to ask him if he can give me their details.

So, I will see how I go with megazorb, for all 4 of them. :)

Bless them! :smitten: Eccles used to get under his fleece too. Could it be they were scenting everywhere which is why they smelt? I noticed my boys smelt a lot last week but because I changed the set up around I think they just went scent mad!

Good luck with the Megazorb, it is messy if using indoors I would scoop it up in a bucket and pour in that way and use a thick layer of newspaper too. If Peter gets his way and four of my pigs have to go back outside then I will be back on the megazorb as well! :D

This time of year eeeeveryones boys seem to be at it ;D ;D ;D

Can you secure the vetbed to the base somehow? ?

Louise, definately wee, they have been scenting as well, waiting for a reply from gorgeous guineas, on some nice smelling shampo advice.
I believe swarfegga(sp) is best for cleaning the scent glands.

PP - we did think about velcro, but I was worried they would chew it or hurt themselves. I thought about hooking it through the bars, but I would need bigger vet bed to do this.

I have to say, vet bed does it's job, the wet does stay underneath. O0
Harry and Nibbles seem to pee 4 times what Jimmy and Angel mini-pig do. ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back