Trusted Hay Delivery (USA)

Hope4gem

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
I've been using Oxbow brand hay, but was hoping to find additional trustworthy options for eastern USA, preferrably for delivery. Can anyone recommend anything?

Yes! Oh my you're overpaying, those little bags of hay are so expensive. Often they're pretty meh/variable quality too. Like they're okay but not great. My pigs just throw it on the floor.

I believe KMS Hayloft delivers anywhere in the USA, I've been using them for a long time now. I order it by the 40-pound bale. It is always super fresh and smells amazing.

Yes! Oh my you're overpaying, those little bags of hay are so expensive. Often they're pretty meh/variable quality too. Like they're okay but not great. My pigs just throw it on the floor.

I believe KMS Hayloft delivers anywhere in the USA, I've been using them for a long time now. I order it by the 40-pound bale. It is always super fresh and smells amazing.
Thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely look into KMS Hayloft.

I've been ordering a 50 lb box of Oxbow orchard hay from Petco. It runs about $63. Sometimes Amazon is much cheaper and I've bought it for $55 for 50 lbs. But don't buy the tiny bags of any hay, it is way too expensive!

edit: I forgot to say that it is delivered as Petco doesn't have it in store at that size.

I've been ordering a 50 lb box of Oxbow orchard hay from Petco. It runs about $63. Sometimes Amazon is much cheaper and I've bought it for $55 for 50 lbs. But don't buy the tiny bags of any hay, it is way too expensive!

edit: I forgot to say that it is delivered as Petco doesn't have it in store at that size.
Thanks for the suggestion. I usually get 40 ounce bags. I tried the 90 ounce bags, but the hay was packed in the bag so tightly that it was hard to get out. The quality must not have been as good either because my girls didn't want to eat it. What's the quality like for the 50 pound box? Does it keep for a while? Thanks again!

Thanks for the suggestion. I usually get 40 ounce bags. I tried the 90 ounce bags, but the hay was packed in the bag so tightly that it was hard to get out. The quality must not have been as good either because my girls didn't want to eat it. What's the quality like for the 50 pound box? Does it keep for a while? Thanks again!
I have two piggies and it lasts about 5 to 6 months for the two of them. I do give them a huge pile every morning and let them play in it all day and toss all the hay in their house in the morning when I do their morning clean. I use a hay tray and a hay rack for the two of them.

If you order a 50 pound box, you are pretty much getting a full bale of hay. My aunt use to harvest her own hay and the smallest bale that she could make was a 50 lb one.

edit: Quality seems to be good as my piggies will drop their veggies and dive into the hay when I put it in a fresh handful.

I have two piggies and it lasts about 5 to 6 months for the two of them. I do give them a huge pile every morning and let them play in it all day and toss all the hay in their house in the morning when I do their morning clean. I use a hay tray and a hay rack for the two of them.

If you order a 50 pound box, you are pretty much getting a full bale of hay. My aunt use to harvest her own hay and the smallest bale that she could make was a 50 lb one.

edit: Quality seems to be good as my piggies will drop their veggies and dive into the hay when I put it in a fresh handful.
Good to know. Thank you very much!

Back