Trips to London

Lorcan

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Alright, so. I have my coach tickets booked to London and back, and while I'll be gone less than 24hrs, I will be gone overnight. There's a coach leaves Manchester at 23:50 on the 10th, and the return should have me back at around 20:30 on the 11th.

Assuming there's enough hay, other food, and water, and that the heating will be on sporadically while I'm not in, is there anything else I should be doing specifically for the goblins?

I think you have all bases covered there @Lorcan. The Goblins may not speak to you when you get back as they might be miffed (polite word - we are a family friendly forum) so don't be worried if there's no excited wheaking when you arrive home. They also may decide to make you suffer by wheaking all night long!

I've no doubt I'll be apologising for days, hah. It works out better getting the overnight coach, much less hassle to sleep on a coach than to sleep at home and try to wake up at a particular time, what with my ability to sleep through several alarms for hours after they start :)) It's also the longest I've actually been out of the house since they arrived, so apparently my brain has forgotten how to deal with these absences since Comet and Blitzen.

I would leave a key with the neighbour and have their phone number, just as a precaution in the unlikely event you don’t make it back when you expect (coach breaking down/bad weather etc) at least then someone can nip round and feed/water them

I would leave a key with the neighbour and have their phone number, just as a precaution in the unlikely event you don’t make it back when you expect (coach breaking down/bad weather etc) at least then someone can nip round and feed/water them

I'll run it past the HA. I know they've said before if I got ill they'd look after potential pets for a day or two til I could get alternative arrangements sorted, that was before the goblins arrived but they're the ones with spare keys. Technically I'm not supposed to have spares, security reasons and all that.

It shouldn't be too bad. I'm deliberately avoiding trains but for every step of the journey there's timing leeway, I don't have to immediately get off one bus to jump on another. And the appointment's at half ten with the return coach leaving at 3pm, hopefully worst case scenario I don't get to eat lunch, lol.

Back