Trios

Engel

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The pigs have had to come in for the next week or so as I'm on antibiotics and a side effect of them is sun sensitivity. I will not be able to go out to the shed to feed/clean or bring them in if it's too hot. No one else can do it for me . My trios are currently living as nextdoor neighbors but I've come back to them having broken the barrier and mixing. I've tried blocking with houses, but they keep getting through. I keep putting it back. My intact boars are upstairs neighbors and are fine but I don't have room for a third floor to have a 3 story stacked c&c.

Any ideas? I'm just exhausted and not feeling well. In the middle of the night part of me is like 'I give up, I'm just going to leave them until morning,' while the other half is like 'i need to get them back into the right cages just incase a fight breaks out and I don't want anyone to get hurt'.

When you say broken the barrier do you mean they have taken down the partition or have they jumped over?

If they have broken the barrier I would just reinforce it with cable ties, or if they are jumping over I would place some sort of plastic covering.
Now rethinking is it a DIY cage? or is it put together with proper c&c parts?

When you say broken the barrier do you mean they have taken down the partition or have they jumped over?

If they have broken the barrier I would just reinforce it with cable ties, or if they are jumping over I would place some sort of plastic covering.
Now rethinking is it a DIY cage? or is it put together with proper c&c parts?
Its a proper C&C. Initially they broke the barrier and I now have some broken connectors. Then I cable ties it with my last few that I had. So 2 of them jumped over to the other side. I've got a blanket draped over the top now to act like a roof while still allowing me easy access to refill hay/water. I've even put a blanket over the bars so they can't see each other to see if that helps. Just wondering if there's anything else anyone can think of.

I don’t know if there’s an option to double the height of the grids between the two trips, or to fashion a lid for one of the cages…

Hope you feel better soon.

I don’t know if there’s an option to double the height of the grids between the two trips, or to fashion a lid for one of the cages…

Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you. Yes I have a couple of grids spare so I'll do that. Thanks. One of the most obvious fixes that I completely forgot about 😅

They seem to have settled down now so one of the girls might have been in season .

Back