Trimming Hair Near Piggies Bottoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellowmummy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just been cuddling my two piggies they are about 13 weeks old and I noticed that the fur round their bottom was smelly and a bit damp, they are Peruvian piggies, I have trimmed them both, is that the right thing to do? I think I will get some wet wipes as recommended in another thread I've just read, is their anything else I can do?

Other than trimming their fur and wiping their backs I'm not sure there is much else you can do. Having a bigger cage so the bedding is more dry I guess looks in your picture like you have a zoozone2 (or a blue base with the bars taken off for a photo I can't tell) lol :) my Peru was a minger I cut all his back end really short he looked goofy as after his hair cuts but they really helped

Hehe yes that's the cage, I am impressed! I do have a indoor pen which I have been putting them in for 2-3 hours a day, I have been changing the whole cage every 3 days and all hay daily, I think part of my problem is I have been putting a cardboard box in for them to hide in, I've changed it a few times but they do wee in it. I've orderd a igloo and also some cosy sacks so then I won't need the cardboard.
Aww I sure even with his hair cut your piggie looked fine :)

I trim my Peruvians butt but she is on fleece with sixty centimetres litter tray.The litter tray is changed every day. She doesn't seem to get very smelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back